Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I've been going to the hospital will they bill me?  (Read 5877 times)

Re: I've been going to the hospital will they bill me?
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2005, 05:42:32 PM »
Off topic!! My apologies, but I'm very curious. :)

Kate Winslet had a caesarian with her first daughter. Do private midwives do surgery? I'm not as familiar with what midwives (other than IMs) do and don't do in hospital.
No, midwives do not perform surgery. I had two c/s here and both were performed by doctors.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2005, 06:26:59 PM »
Dannygirl, got your PM but you still didn't answer my (admittedly off-topic) question about how you're "in the process" of applying for your Fiancee Visa whilst still in the UK.

I'm still dead curious about that.  Of course, I'm probably the only one who is.   ::)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 2
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2005, 06:30:01 PM »
you have to be outside the uk to actually apply for it ... don't you?

« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2005, 06:42:36 PM »
No, I'm curious, too.  And here's why:   ;)

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2005, 09:09:17 PM »

Yes.  There's no 'switching' of visa status if you are here on a visa of 6 months or less, as would be the case w/someone on a visitor visa.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2005, 09:16:03 PM »
Perhaps someone could remain in the UK, mail their passport to a family member with all the complete Visa application form and all info. Then the family member post the info and passport to the US consulate.  Then posts the visa in passport back to the UK.  Though, it has to be stamped upon arrival.  I am not sure, would that work, could that work??

I already have a visa, I am not just suggesting this so that I can do it.  I promise ;)

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2005, 09:20:22 PM »
Perhaps someone could remain in the UK, mail their passport to a family member with all the complete Visa application form and all info. Then the family member post the info and passport to the US consulate.  Then posts the visa in passport back to the UK.  Though, it has to be stamped upon arrival.  I am not sure, would that work, could that work??

No, it wouldn't work and I don't think it's legal. 
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2005, 09:22:18 PM »
No, it wouldn't work and I don't think it's legal. 

I did not think it was legal either, but you never know what people will try! 

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2005, 09:25:45 PM »
I did not think it was legal either, but you never know what people will try! 

I think that's why you have to get your visa stamped upon entry.  At least, I did when I entered.  My visa was "activated" when I moved here and I had to show some documents to the IO, in addition to the visa in my passport. 
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2005, 09:27:15 PM »
I think that's why you have to get your visa stamped upon entry.  At least, I did when I entered.  My visa was "activated" when I moved here and I had to show some documents to the IO, in addition to the visa in my passport. 

This happened to me and the boys upon our arrival.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2005, 11:19:14 PM »
Yes that's right, it has to be activated when you arrive so you can't get around it but just sending your passport off to the US. BUT you don't have to necessarily apply from the US - you just have to leave the UK, so you could go to say France or Holland or Ireland and apply in person there and come back on the same day. Theoretically. They might query why you weren't applying from the US though.

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2005, 07:39:03 AM »
They might query why you weren't applying from the US though.

Or refuse it entirely.  I have heard of this happening to other expats.

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2005, 08:06:32 AM »
Or refuse it entirely.  I have heard of this happening to other expats.

Yeah, me too.   There was a girl on one of the wedding boards I visited who thought she could go to France while her application was processed.  Apparently the consulate didn't think so!   :P

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2005, 02:08:35 PM »
Off topic!!  My apologies, but I'm very curious. :)

Kate Winslet had a caesarian with her first daughter.  Do private midwives do surgery?  I'm not as familiar with what midwives (other than IMs) do and don't do in hospital.

She must have had a VBAC for the second one, perhaps?

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=3&id=92662005

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2005, 03:41:20 PM »
Dunno, expat in scotland!   ???  The article only says that Winslet is an 'advocate' for IMs, not that she used one in either of her births.  I do know for certain she had a c-sec with her first child.  Maybe she VBACd or HBAC'c her second child.

Thanks, Pebbles, for answering my question! 

Sponsored Links