Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Got my Entry Clearance, A little confused  (Read 1398 times)

• Liked: 0
Got my Entry Clearance, A little confused
« on: June 23, 2003, 08:56:44 PM »
I had everything, stood on line for three hours and got my entry clearance.  I submitted two forms one for the clearance the second for settlement.  All I got was an entry clearance stamp in my passport that says "wife of" since I am.  Is this all I get? Is this all I need?

It says it's good for two years, I thought I had to renew it next year and then I could apply for citizenship am I mistaken?

I just thought there were be more or a peice of paper or something.  It just makes me uneasy, not sure why lol

Re: Got my Entry Clearance, A little confused
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 11:55:23 PM »
I believe your settlement one *is* your entry clearance.  They work the same.  And yeah, that's all you get!  :)

The one year thing is now a two year thing.  The rules changed this year.  So in two years, you'll go to the Home Office here in the UK, get asked a few questions and show a few papers and get another stamp that is called your ILR, which allows you to live here indefinitely.  

Then after another year (so three years from now) you're eligible to apply for citizenship.

Congrats, and good luck!   ;)

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 12:36:42 AM »
thanx for the  info, lol i just figured after all that paperwork I submitted and waiting and what not there would be more to it.

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 01:21:23 AM »
What did you bring for paperwork?  Where did you submit?

• The Key to life is making the best of change.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 08:04:29 PM »
Hello Phena_Gen,

I am glad you had no real issues obtaining your clearance.  I am wondering; does that allow you to work here as well?

We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 11:11:47 PM »
Yes, a FLR or Entry Clearance Visa (same thing) allows you to work but you can not claim any benefits or be put on your spouses benefits if they claim them.

Sometimes an employer will ask to see this stamp in your passport just to protect themselves. I have only had to show mine once. Otherwise they don't ever ask.

Congratulations on the stamp!!

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2003, 09:53:58 PM »
I love this place, I always get really helpful information!!!  ;D

• From Washington to Rochdale and taint going back
    • Girly Girrls Family Pics
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2003, 01:03:49 AM »
We're going down on Friday to London to get the Indefinate Leave to Remain thing.  We've got all of the paperwork together...but of those of you who have already done it...what happens exactly? ??? Am a tad bit nervous :-X

• finally home
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2003, 01:57:19 AM »
little confused here, i just recieved my flr visa a few weeks ago approved:) mine doesnt say anything about spouse of....
just a number and stamp deal.
can bearly read what the seal part says.

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2003, 09:45:01 AM »
We're going down on Friday to London to get the Indefinate Leave to Remain thing.  We've got all of the paperwork together...but of those of you who have already done it...what happens exactly? ??? Am a tad bit nervous :-X

Well, here's how my experience went:  go stand in line outside the building for a few hours, get in to building, get number, go upstairs and wait for hours on end, get called to window, take 20 minutes with the HO guy, go wait some more, get called back to window where I got my passport with the ILR sticker.  

There's really nothing to be nervous about if you've filled in your paperwork and you've got the documents required.  It's all good.  :)  Best of luck!

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2003, 09:47:51 AM »
little confused here, i just recieved my flr visa a few weeks ago approved:) mine doesnt say anything about spouse of....
just a number and stamp deal.
can bearly read what the seal part says.

If you got a FLR, I'm guessing it's because you applied initially for a fiancee visa?  The FLR OR ILR...neither one will say "spouse of..."  My ILR sticker doesn't.  The only thing that said "spouse of" was the spousal visa that I got before I came over.  I'm not sure what a fiancee visa would say but would guess if it said anything like that "fiancee of.." it would say so on the fiancee visa.  

Not sure if that clarifies but hopefully it helps a bit!

Sponsored Links