Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Scotland, Isle of Skye with two toddlers?  (Read 686 times)

• Liked: 0
Scotland, Isle of Skye with two toddlers?
« on: February 13, 2005, 01:31:50 PM »
I'm sorry to be so general about travel (all of Scotland??) but that's where we're starting in our plans.  I've wanted to see the Isle of Skye for a decade now, is it doable with two toddlers?  I love the idea of seeing waterfalls off of cliffs but then I think about my wee ones and freak out about safety.

Doesn't look like we could bring a pushchair on a hike, of course, but we do have a backpack for one child and I can sling the youngest.

We're thinking about staying a couple of weeks.  Maybe longer, if needed.

We'd like to rent a vacation home, not oppress a hotel or B&B with our loud, sometimes crying selves.  We stayed in a very chic hotel in Paris and frankly, I just don't want to put other guests through the rambunctiousness of toddlers.  It's best if we have our own space, too.

Any thoughts, suggestions are so welcome.  Thanks. :)

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
Re: Scotland, Isle of Skye with two toddlers?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 01:40:02 PM »
The Isle of Skye is beautiful.  Enjoy your time there.

I can't say too much about renting a cottage or self-accommodating places as we stayed in a B&B.  If you do decide to hike, have you considered a child harness?  At least with a harness the child can walk, but you have control over where they go.  We use a harness when we walk our local tow-paths.  There's some pretty steep drops into the water and with the harness we feel completely safe.
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

Re: Scotland, Isle of Skye with two toddlers?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 04:49:41 PM »

We're thinking about staying a couple of weeks.  Maybe longer, if needed.

I've never been to Skye, but i have spent time on other Scottish islands (Islay, Jura, Arran)...  I think you'll find 2 weeks is plenty, if not too long.   We go to Islay every summer for 2 weeks, and i am champing at the bit to get home before the first week is over.  It's beautiful and peaceful, but there's not a lot to do apart from enjoying the beauty and peace, and frankly there is a limit to that for me.  :-\\\\

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab