Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Insurance Coverage upon return to the U.S.  (Read 1858 times)

• Liked: 0
Insurance Coverage upon return to the U.S.
« on: June 24, 2003, 06:28:16 PM »
Hello all,

I'm preparing to move to England for 1 year (to attend grad school). I know that I will be covered under the universal health insurance. My question is: When I return to the U.S. after the year, will insurance companies here accept the universal health care as continuous coverage of insurance? I know that any break in insurance will cause me problems when I go with a new company (waiting periods and all that). Also, about how much can I expect my monthly birth control prescription to run me in the U.K.? THanks for your help.

• Banned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • NGUNN.NET WEBSITE
  • Liked: 0
Re: Insurance Coverage upon return to the U.S.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 06:58:00 PM »
UK has national health insurance..NHS , they do not know how to process ameircan health insurance...So American health insurance isn't going to be valid.

HOWEVER..if your traveling to the USA..and you are a perminate resident of the UK you can purchase Holiday health insurance at the post office..it is cheaper then any others I have found..

IF you need medical attention YOU pay the bill FIRST..and send the form and the bill to the company..

Hope this helps.

Cynda
Cynda Gunn

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 07:25:30 PM »
Hello all,

Also, about how much can I expect my monthly birth control prescription to run me in the U.K.?

Birth control is free in the UK for everybody.   :)

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 08:34:02 PM »

Birth control is free in the UK for everybody.   :)

...well, everybody that is eligible for NHS coverage, anyway.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab