Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Are you a "druggie"  (Read 3937 times)

Re: Are you a "druggie"
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2005, 02:07:12 PM »
After my c/s they gave me oral morphine which was crap! If things got too bad they would give you a morphine injection but other than that they gave you the morphine vials, paracetamol and ibuprofen. They give it to you all at once and you have to dose it out to yourself and log everything on a paper.
Right now I'm having some trouble. I have a horrible pain in my lower left abdomen. I have been to the doctor (quack) twice including yesterday and was told just to take paracetamol. I feel like my insides are falling out and they give me paracetamol! Love the NHS!

Pebbles, I'm really shocked by that.  When I had major knee surgery in the US, I was hesitant about pain meds, but my surgeon, a Frenchman, told me the body will not heal itself well if it is in a lot of pain.  A C-section is such serious abdominal surgery.  I think I'd harrass your GPs practice until you're seen by s/one more competent.  C-sections can leave a lot of scar tissue adhesions which might be causing pain for you.

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »
Pebbles, I'm really shocked by that. When I had major knee surgery in the US, I was hesitant about pain meds, but my surgeon, a Frenchman, told me the body will not heal itself well if it is in a lot of pain. A C-section is such serious abdominal surgery. I think I'd harrass your GPs practice until you're seen by s/one more competent. C-sections can leave a lot of scar tissue adhesions which might be causing pain for you.
Well its been 8 months since the surgery but I had a very very difficult recovery and the thought of scar tissue causing me problems has crossed my mind but what can I do? Im at the mercy of the NHS. If I were back in the USA I would have seen my OB/GYN immediately.

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2005, 02:55:48 PM »
Well its been 8 months since the surgery but I had a very very difficult recovery and the thought of scar tissue causing me problems has crossed my mind but what can I do? Im at the mercy of the NHS. If I were back in the USA I would have seen my OB/GYN immediately.

Harrass the GP until they refer you to an OB/GYN.  My sister had her C-section scar tissue treated with laser therapy.

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2005, 02:59:10 PM »
Harrass the GP until they refer you to an OB/GYN. My sister had her C-section scar tissue treated with laser therapy.
This is my second c/s. The first one was easy cheesy. The last one was a nightmare. My GP is like 100 years old. He retired a few years ago but still works! He hasnt a clue. Last time he "examined" me he told me I was fat! What kind of bedside manner is that!
I think Im gonna switch surgeries. In the meantime I may try the A & E over the weekend and see if I get some sort of joy.

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2005, 03:35:05 PM »
Switch surgeries!  One advanatage of living in a larger city is that we have more surgeries to chose from.  I had this bogus doctor, but all the rest of them were okay, so when they tried to put me w/Dr. Bogus I refused and said it was b/c he was an incompetent git.  They don't schedule me w/him a/more  ;D.  Or my daughter, b/c I told them a tramp begging in Prince's Street would give her better treatment for a fiver. 

Try an after-hours clinic and if that doesn't work go to A&E and act like you're dying.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2005, 04:25:17 PM »
Better living through chemistry... that's my motto!

I take a lot of drugs (headache tablets, indigestion tablets, sleep aids, etc) ... i dont see any point in suffering if you dont have to.

Because as Mindy and Mr Nibbles point out  says"some medicine just masks the symptons, makes them worse or that you build up a tolerance/reliance to them"

If I was getting a lot of headaches, indigestion etc I'd want to try and find out why.
There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2005, 08:00:24 PM »
Because as Mindy and Mr Nibbles point out  says"some medicine just masks the symptons, makes them worse or that you build up a tolerance/reliance to them"

If I was getting a lot of headaches, indigestion etc I'd want to try and find out why.

Oh well,  I'll deal with it in my own way!  ;D
And I hereby promise that i will never be posting on here whingeing about my health problems if things do go pear-shaped!   ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab