Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Prague  (Read 533 times)

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
  • Liked: 1
Prague
« on: February 19, 2005, 10:12:14 AM »
Hi all...just got back from my romantic Valentine's week trip to Prague (with Roy).  It was brilliant.  We ended up getting one of their biggest snows in a while during the middle of the week (they had to close the airport), which was absolutely gorgeous - I was hoping for a nice big ol' snow as I missed it (after moving from Boston)...but without the shoveling need!  The architecture was absolutely beautiful.  We enjoyed seeing some of the sites (missed quite a few which was fine), walked a ton and had GREAT LOADS of good food (I think I gained half a stone even with all the walking).  The hotel, Le Palais, was beyond my expectations - it's worth staying at if you can...we had our Valentine's evening meal there - 6 courses and so good!  The bath in the hotel was something that we spent a lot of time in - I brought stuff from Lush (and discovered they have a lush store there too) so we enjoyed the large bath at least once daily.  Anyway - if anyone is contemplating a fun & romantic trip - go to Prague - it was lovely!

• Liked: 0
Re: Prague
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 01:40:08 PM »
Wow!  That sounds wonderful and very romantic!  I've always wanted to go to Prague.  I hear it is such a beautiful place.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 04:19:51 PM »

Hi guys

been to prague as well...its a wicked place for any occasion..not to mention " budget-friendly " .

Zu.

• StokesInternet
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 05:53:35 PM »
That sounds great.

Prague is a wonderful town. beautiful sights, good cheap food, and a spirit that is unique. I'm moving to Britain to do postgraduate study in Central European history. Part of how I decided that specialty was thinking of where I would like to go to do my research, and answering - Prague.

You took the fancy route, which I'm sure is lovely and romantic. But if you have a very tight budget you can make it quite well there too. We stayed in a apartment building that made extra cash by renting out empty apartments to tourists. It wasn't glamorous, but it was a decent, big room for less than 10 dollars (about 5 pounds) a night for two people. It wasn't in the center of town, but we got to see how people really live, and it was right next to a Metro stop so anywhere in town was just a few minutes away.

Sounds like a nice trip. I'm jealous, I'd love to go back. And the good news is, once we live in Britain, its not far away.

David Stokes
Pictures From Our New Home!
http://www.stokesinternet.com/move

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab