Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: dont know where to start  (Read 1097 times)

• Liked: 0
dont know where to start
« on: June 27, 2003, 06:27:34 PM »
Hi! im new here.....only about a month ago i got my fiancee visa and moved to england with my....fiancee. He told me about this site, and i have to say its so nice to have people that can talk and help eachother out.
Well my question is: im going to be getting married in august and hopefully going on my honeymoon sometime in early september, but i dont know that if after we get married whether i need to change my name on my passport. (as i will be taking his last name) Or if there is anything else i need to do. just want to make sure im not deported, or get stuck in a different country. anyone that has any advice or information please let me know. thanks  :D

Re: dont know where to start
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 07:16:27 PM »
Where are you going for your honeymoon?

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 07:22:19 PM »
we dont know for sure yet, but im really hoping for turkey.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 08:06:53 PM »
There's no need to change the name on your passport in order to travel if you make airline reservations etc, in that name, however if you make those reservations under your NEW last name and your current passport does'nt reflect the same name then all you need to have is copy of your marraige certificate showing your old and new names. Its not a problem. If in the future you decide to change your passport to reflect your new last name it'll only mean you no longer have to carry any sort of further identification (the marraige certificate). There's no need to worry about doing it immediately however in order to travel to anywhere for your honeymoon. Hope that helps and Good Luck :) :)

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 10:43:13 PM »
Celtic got it right on, but if you *do* want to change your name in your passport before you go to avoid any confusion, you can do so easily by visiting the American Embassy in London in person, or by sending your passport in to have it amended to your new name. (They don't give you a new passport or anything so your visas will still be there...they just add a line in the back saying your name is offically changed.)  

Easy peasy!  

Best of luck.  :)

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 03:01:12 PM »
Just make sure, if you're not going to get your FLR BEFORE you leave for your honeymoon, that you return before the expiration of your Fiancee Visa!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab