Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK-US airfare question  (Read 1875 times)

• chasing my rainbow, catching it and tying it down
  • Liked: 0
Re: UK-US airfare question
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 02:05:34 PM »
I am looking to do the reverse this summer, fly to NYC and not return and so far, I am hitting horrible prices, so am considering flying to Dublin or Shannon (Ryan Air have a ridiculous seat sale for 99 & 4.99 Euros) then getting a fare to NY on Aer Lingus (I have seen a quoted fare for the equivalent of £139).

I have not worked out all the connecting logistics etc (or taxes!) but I wondered if this might work for you, in reverse, looks like it can be quite a saver for a little inconvenience?  Usually I hate indirect flights, but this could represent a saving of £3/400 and as we are emigrating, we have all the time in the world for any problems or delays!
Born to shop..............forced to work

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2005, 02:42:36 PM »
The key to the lowest published airfare is fly from the largest airports into another large airport. For example I live 20 min from Birmingham UK airport but to save a small fortune I fly from Heathrow to Chicago on Air India (ALWAYS cheap flights!) Then once in Chicago I will fly another airline to my final destination Nashville TN. I always book two airlines. The only problem you could come across is if there is a flight delay on your departing airline and you miss your connecting airline. So I always make sure I have at least a 4 or 5 hour layover at my connecting airport.
My sister is coming here next month from TN. She is driving to Atlanta and Ill pick her up in London. She is saving abut $500 between her and my neices ticket.

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2005, 01:32:53 PM »
Pebbles, Maddierose, or anyone:  Any advice or tips on buying & routing a multi-destination ticket from UK to around different parts of the US and then back?  I am struggling to find the best deal on that & best way to buy it (again). ;D  If I can go standby I usually do that, but this time DH is going too & so we need specific dates/times to coincide with his holiday from work AND to get everything accomplished in at least 3 (if not 4) different destinations.  Mom is in (nowheresville) KS, family member graduation in MD, my US 'home' in FL--needs to be a sunshine smiley face?, and maybe a family visit in Atlanta (where I usually route through considering its central pt more or less to my other destinations).  All this has to fit within two weeks.So far it seems to be cheapest & least hassle to buy directly through the airline.  Anyone else struggle with this or have hints/suggestions?
 [smiley=juggle.gif]  [smiley=daisy.gif]
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2005, 01:35:17 PM »
my DH says that if you buy a 'regular' priced american economy ticket that your inside connections are free in the US.

Now, it's worked a few times, but i'd call american and see!

• Wind In The Roses
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2005, 04:23:21 PM »
--Finally, anyone have any idea how to get cheap airfare in august? Every place I've seen is over $1,000 RT! 

If you could fly out of JFK/NY, http://www.airindia.com has flights to London  -- well, one flight, actually; AI112 -- from $322.60 - $347.60 in late August. On Sept 1, the fare drops to $221.60. Sure you wouldn't like to wait till after Labor Day? I've flown AI and can recommend them -- they're always the cheapest, they're very nice, good food and it's fun to fly a "foreign" airline. Also, I thought, (how can I put this tactfully?), a non-American airline wouldn't be as likely a  target for disgruntled misfits to aim a surface-to-air missile at.
Peace and love,
Charlotte

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2005, 05:37:25 PM »
If you could fly out of JFK/NY, http://www.airindia.com has flights to London  -- well, one flight, actually; AI112 -- from $322.60 - $347.60 in late August. On Sept 1, the fare drops to $221.60. Sure you wouldn't like to wait till after Labor Day? I've flown AI and can recommend them -- they're always the cheapest, they're very nice, good food and it's fun to fly a "foreign" airline. Also, I thought, (how can I put this tactfully?), a non-American airline wouldn't be as likely a  target for disgruntled misfits to aim a surface-to-air missile at.

Wow, that is comforting.....

Sponsored Links