Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Going Back To School  (Read 1622 times)

• Liked: 0
Going Back To School
« on: February 25, 2005, 03:25:39 PM »
I'm moving to the UK next month to marry my fiance. While in the Uk I'm thinking about possibly continuing my education. My question is if I were to go to a university would my tuition be the same as a UK student or would I be paying the international student tuition? If I needed a student loan would I get it from from the US or would I do it though the UK?

Thanks!

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
Re: Going Back To School
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 03:32:21 PM »
International. You have to be resident 3 years to qualify for UK tuition. You'd have a much easier time, IMO, getting your loans thru the US. There are several threads on here about education loans from the US for UK schools.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• PA - DC - Leeds, UK - Dallas, Tx
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 04:46:08 PM »
really good idea!! I am getting my masters at Leeds (hopefully) next year and living my brit bf. The best part is - it takes less time to complete your studies in the UK than it does in the US. That's my main motivation after being with my bf.

Good luck!
Sometimes I feel like an alien in my own country

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 06:24:38 PM »
You could also enrol in the Open University which is a distance learning/online university. It's very well respected here  - no wonder, the courses are tough! But the tuition is pretty reasonable, really. Here: www.open.ac.uk
I know I'm late - where's the booze?

Sponsored Links