Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pet carriers?  (Read 2957 times)

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 0
Pet carriers?
« on: March 02, 2005, 01:01:13 AM »
We are trying to buy a carrier for our dog, and want to get one that will be okay for taking him to the UK eventually.  We've looked and looked and are having trouble finding anything specific about what kind of carrier is required.  We also looked for carriers that said they were IATA approved, but didn't find anything in the US.  We did find one that said "approved for domestic and international flights"

What carriers have people here successfully used to transport pets from the US to the UK on the PETS scheme?  Is there any guidance that we're missing?

TIA!
Liz

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: Pet carriers?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 03:03:30 PM »
I had to buy a dog carrier for my very large cat, and I bought a Nylabone one. I just got it at my local PetSmart or PetCo or somewhere like that. Like the ones you've seen, it just said it was "approved for domestic and international flights." I had no problems at all with it.

www.nylabone.com

Best of luck to you!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 04:57:39 PM »
Thanks for the response!

So was that the fold-away one?  We did see that and even though it says it's approved for international fight, we were concerned that because of the folding ability, it might not be sturdy enough.

But the folding would be mighty handy once we arrived in our tiny London space with 3 carriers!
Liz

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 06:42:21 PM »
Yes, it is the fold-away type of carrier. It was plenty sturdy. Also, once it's set up, there are these strap things that go around it and prevent it from collapsing. It was perfect. Make sure you get a water dish that clips to the inside of the carrier as well. I can't remember if that came with it or if I had to buy it separately.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab