Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Muddled!  (Read 871 times)

• Liked: 0
Muddled!
« on: March 04, 2005, 03:42:24 PM »
I hold a US passport with Indefinite Leave to Enter as I've lived 40+ years in the UK. I have returned to the US through remarriage nearly a year ago, but entered the UK for a visit last September. My husband and I are seriously considering moving back to the UK around July/August as I miss my kids and grandkids too much to settle here. I understand that my husband should be able to get a Spouse Visa as I'm classed as a resident but what about timing and where do we apply? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Liked: 8
Re: Muddled!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 04:43:19 PM »
You can apply at the consulates in NYC, LA, or Chicago, depending on which state you're living in right now.  See www.britainusa.com to determine which consulate you should apply to.  You can apply via post (2-4 weeks) or in person (same day service if everything's in order).

You'll need to prove that you can financially support your husband (and kids, if you have any) and provide a decent place for you to live.  I think most couples in your situation send the UK half of the couple over here ahead of time to secure a job, house, etc.

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 05:52:46 PM »
After reading some of the posts I can see that it may be easier for me to go back first and secure a job..thanks for the advice. I swore that I'd never do that flight again without my husband but it seems I may have to....

• Family of 4!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 04:31:35 PM »
well I dont know about your situation directly ,but my uk husband and I are living in the us, to move back to the uk in may. Now we didnt want to be apart whilst he went to the uk and got a job, house etc. so all we did was prove that he had been working here and pay stubbs along with mine of the same, plus show that we had savings to get us by until we found work in the uk. Also we had to prove we had a place to stay even if temporary. so we had his parents email us a copy of the mortgage, as they needed proof of the existence of the residence and they said its all fine. so thats an option if you dont wanna be apart.

• Family of 4!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 04:33:35 PM »
I might add in addition that the stay can and would have been temporary at his rents. Just until we secured a flat, which we now already have from a friend who was very generous! so at most we may stay 2 or 3 nights at his rents. hope this helps!  :D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab