Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Has anybody else ever had to request refund of VAT and duties?  (Read 424 times)

• Liked: 2
My family purchased our wedding rings for us since none of them could travel over for the wedding and they wanted to get us something really nice . My sister and her husband purchased my ring and my mother and grandmother purchased DH's ring. As most of you probably know there is an £800 exemption per wedding gift if you marry with the intent to settle. Since the rings arrived before we were married we had to the pay the VAT and duty on each of them. They were sent via UPS in separate boxes by the respective purchasers. Now that we have our marriage certificate it is time to request a refund of the taxes. UPS sent me the C3 form to declare the rings and I had to attach copies of marriage certificate, shipping document, invoice showing payment of the taxes, etc.

Has anybody else had to do this before and, if so, did you have any trouble getting the refund? They told me it would take at least 30 days for this to be dealt with and provided me with the name of a gentleman to contact if we wanted an update on the status of our requests.

• Well House Consultants - PHP Courses
  • Liked: 0
Re: Has anybody else ever had to request refund of VAT and duties?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 08:46:11 AM »
Hi ... noticed that you'd had a big fat "null points" response to this post ... perhaps because it's a very niche question.  I saw it earlier on, but really don't know / didn't have much helpful to say.  Just coming along now to say to folks ... Hey - does ANYONE have any experiences that may help here

- Graham
-- Graham
Well House Consultants - Open Source training
Well House Manor - Hotel in Melksham, Wiltshire

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab