Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I got my stamp for 2 years! What's next?  (Read 1043 times)

• Liked: 0
I got my stamp for 2 years! What's next?
« on: July 04, 2003, 02:40:54 PM »
I got married on April 10th this year ;D. We went to Croydon on the 11th. (what a day to spend after getting married but we were cutting it very close :o and I wanted to get it done and over with) It didn't go as bad as I thought it would. It was the waiting around for hours that was bad. We got there at 8:30am waited outside for an hour. We were finally called at 2pm. Waited for 15 minutes, then my kids and I got a stamp for 2 years  ;D. I thought it was only for 1 year but 2 is good. My question is... What's after the 2 years? Do I have to go through all the paperwork I went through to get my fiance visa? If so, is there any possible way they can deport me if they are not satisfied with the paperwork? I'm just paranoid after being deported before I got my fiance visa.

Ann  :)

Re: I got my stamp for 2 years! What's next?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 06:05:04 PM »
Congrats on getting your FLR, Ann.  It is a big relief, isn't it?

Don't worry about after the 2 years...that part of the process is the easiest bit.  You'll fill out a form, submit a few documents showing you and your hubby are still living togther (letters from the electric or phone company with both your names on them will do) with your passports and either go back to Croydon or send all your stuff in by post and they'll give you another stamp for indefinite leave to remain (ILR).

Once you have that stamp, you'll legally allowed to live here, work here, etc as long as you don't leave the country for an extended period of time.  

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2003, 10:05:59 AM »
Ann, Wishstar hits the nail square on the head.  Once your FLR stamp gets close to expiring, then you either brave Croydon again or just mail in your stuff for the Indefinite Leave to Remain stamp.  The form to fill out is pretty straight forward and you only have to provide a few documents.  Although going through any immigration process can be nerve racking when you feel your life hangs in the balance!  Anyway, congrats on FLR!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2003, 02:18:39 PM »
Thank you Wishstar and Elle ;D. Once that is done and over with, I'll be completely at ease. I don't like sending anything in the post so I'll have to brave Croydon again :-/. It's good to know I got through the hard part.  ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab