Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: spouse visa appeal, please help  (Read 881 times)

• Liked: 0
spouse visa appeal, please help
« on: March 13, 2005, 02:20:04 PM »
hi ,
I was refused my marriage visa application because my wife is on benefits and i did not show enough money in my bank statement, I have the right to appeal , can anyone tell me please if sponsorship letters from my brothers show that they gave me money , and i have another freind who is an entrepreneur will declare that in case i will need money he will support , is these letter be sufficient to reverse the decision?

secondly, is it true  that when i submitt my appeal the immigration officer will review it again and if he is convinced the decision can be made without the appeal sent to the uk?

n.b i have a good experience but i could not prove that i have a job offer , so i printed out job offers that goes wiht my work expereince, is that gonna be helpful?

please help, i can't stand being far from my wife , who is a british citizen

Re: spouse visa appeal, please help
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 04:15:51 PM »
secondly, is it true  that when i submitt my appeal the immigration officer will review it again and if he is convinced the decision can be made without the appeal sent to the uk?

Algeria has the highest refusal rate for settlement on the North African Desk, running just over 16%, and before they issue a refusal, the ECM needs to review it and to confirm it. 

In your refusal debriefing, the ECO would have given you the forms and explained the appeal process.  But to answer your question, the appeal is lodged in the UK, not at the consulate.  They will get the ECO's transcript from the consulate plus anything else they need to make a determination.  And your wife will have the chance to submit any new evidence.

If they decide in your favour, then the original ECO has a chance to try and uphold his refusal by introducing new evidence that the consulate has obtained, but that's rare.

Before getting to far into it, we would need to know if your Notice of Refusal referred to Article 8 or not.  If so, what does it say?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab