Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Other fiance visa questions  (Read 691 times)

• Liked: 0
Other fiance visa questions
« on: March 15, 2005, 02:08:37 PM »
I forgot to post these last night.

1. As far as I can tell, the fiance/e visa is multiple entry and valid for six months. Has anyone ever come and gone more than once on their visa before getting married? I ask because I bought a return ticket for the beginning of May for the registrar stuff, but I plan to come back for a couple of events that I need to attend in America before the wedding. Am I likely to get extra questioning at customs?

2. We're kind of taking a risk with the date because my fiance still does not have a job yet. I'm fairly confident he will find something before the end of this month (he got his PhD at the end of last year), and luckily he does have substantial savings, which we he wants to use as a down payment on a house someday, but we can show them as evidence of his ability to support me until I can work. He's currently on benefits as well. Has anyone successfully gotten a fiance visa while their British partner was unemployed?

Thanks so much, this is such a helpful community.

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
Re: Other fiance visa questions
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 02:15:17 PM »
I spent a short time in England on my fiance visa in February to give notice and to do some redecorating.  I returned to the US afterwards,  and am moving in April. It clearlys says multiple entry on the visa.

Re: Other fiance visa questions
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 06:32:39 PM »
He's currently on benefits as well. Has anyone successfully gotten a fiance visa while their British partner was unemployed?

I heard of a recent case where the UK half was unemployed and successfully applied.  He told them he was taking some time out to write a book.  It was a complete lie, but they bought it. 

I don't agree with lying, but in the case of writing a book, who's to say somebody is or somebody isn't?  Since your fiance just received his PhD, he might be assembing ideas for a writing a book also...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab