Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Architecture/Graphic Design  (Read 579 times)

• Liked: 0
Architecture/Graphic Design
« on: March 23, 2005, 12:00:55 AM »
Hello all!
Was wondering if anyone has any architectural or graphic design contacts in England. My wife and I are planning a move in the spring of 2006. Were pretty open at this point as to where we will live. It will all depend upon who obtains a job first, that will most likely decide which city we live in. Anyways, I do architecture and she does Graphic Design. It's always better to approach a company from a recomendation. So if anyone has or knows any architect or graphic design offices and would like to share, it would be much appreciated!
Thanx Much!

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Architecture/Graphic Design
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 12:10:52 AM »
Keep in touch with me. I'm a textile designer and my husband and I are moving to the Norwich/Lowestoft (Norfolk/Suffolk) region of the UK next week. I've done a lot of research and have collected some good sites for my purposes which might be useful for you as well.

Donna

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 07:19:44 PM »
Awesome! Thanx, I will keep in touch.
Good luck with the move!

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 10:31:22 PM »
We made it. We're here and we've found an apartment so my next task is to find a way to earn a living. As a start, I got Crafts magazine and A-N. I don't think Crafts would be of use to you, but A-N might. It is full of opportunities for all kinds of artists, even a few full time jobs. Where will you be based? We're in Lowestoft/Norwich meaning my husband works in Lowestoft and we will be living in Norwich. Having lived in Europe before, let me recommend that you start by not really looking for a job,  but instead just making contacts within the local arts community. Start building your network while keeping your eyes open for opportunity. That's what I am doing, and here's what happened. I went wandering in Lowestoft looking up the arts places I knew of through web research and at the very first one I walked into I started talking to the woman at the desk and she invited me to take a cup of hot chocolate with her. We made the chocolate and I sat down and we soon discovered that her daughter worked in the same place that my husband had just started his job. Then she started talking about some work she was planning in collaboration with another artist in the organization and some of my work and knowledge fits right in. Go for it and see what happens.

Donna

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 07:52:52 PM »
Very good! I will certainly do some networking. It's tough though cause at some point within our move we will need to get a job. I am giving us about 4-6 months of living expenses to find a job. I am hoping to stay with some of my wifes family for the first month. I am not sure where we will be located. It will depend on who gets a job first and where that job is located. I am pretty open to living anywhere in England.
Godd luck with your new job opportunity!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab