Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Expat sports watching  (Read 989 times)

• Liked: 0
Expat sports watching
« on: March 29, 2005, 11:08:05 PM »
Hi,

I'm moving to London in the early fall with my fiancee, something that I am very excited about. However, I am a diehard college football fan and am not excited about leaving before my team's 2005 season has concluded. I know that you can get NASN on Sky and see college football there, but does anyone know of  bars or pubs in London that cater to American sports? Even places outside of London will be acceptable, I realize that I'll have to go to some trouble if I want to see my alma mater play.

thanks.

• Liked: 2
Re: Expat sports watching
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 08:23:59 AM »
The main place is the Sports Cafe in Haymarket SW1 (Picadilly Circus). The place is a zoo but they show loads of US sports, especially NFL. If it's not busy they will show what you want if you ask nicely. They have about a million screens. They did show the college finals this year.  There are a few other places around town too.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 11:50:22 AM »
I watched some of the NCAA basketball tourney at Bodeans BBQ and it was great- friendly atmosphere, easy viewing, and good food.  They have NASN and play US sports throughout the year.   I found it on the NASN website, which lists the locations of venues that carry it.  There are a fair number of them in London so it's worth checking out.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 05:40:40 PM »
Channel 5 gives you the ESPN Sunday Baseball game live, the All-Star game and the World Series.  Two games per week later in the season.  Five also gives you the weekly ESPN MLS match on tape delay.

NASN is really the only outlet for college sports, unless you have one of those cavernous satellite dishes and youre able to pick up a Jefferson Pilot or ESPN signal...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab