Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Work Visa and Passport- money questions  (Read 1291 times)

• Liked: 8
Re: Work Visa and Passport- money questions
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2005, 08:21:13 AM »
Can I find work while I'm in the U.K with a visitors visa? or do I need to find work prior to my leave?

You can't work or volunteer whilst here as a visitor.  If you want to work, you'll need to have a work permit, a student visa (working up to 20 hpw), or a spouse visa.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2005, 09:07:48 AM »
That's correct, my work visa is through BUNAC - is this exempt from the spouse visa thing?  Where do I find this information?

Alyson

OK then this is not a sponsored work visa as such (so ignore all of the previous discussion) it's part of the special programme for graduates.  There isn't a special visa (as far as I know)  for the spouse of a Bunac visa holder so in that case he can come as an ordinary visitor without a visa but he is going to have to show that he has sufficent funds to maintain himself for 6 months.  You said he has £3500. That is just under £600 per month. That is not going to go far in London. I don't know what kind of accommodation you have arranged in London but there probably won't be much left out of that once the rent is paid.  I don't know if they will accept your proof of income as being funds available to him during his stay, that will be down to the discretion of the immigration officer on the day.  As JackieStew has suggested asking Bunac for advice on this point is probably a good idea as they will most likely have had previous experience with spouses of Bunac visa holders. 

• Liked: 5
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2005, 11:40:41 PM »
That's correct, my work visa is through BUNAC - is this exempt from the spouse visa thing?  Where do I find this information?

Alyson

If you are on a work permit, your husband will be a work permit dependent and need a work permit dependant visa.  Just wanted to let you know that would be the term (not spousal visa) if you were looking up info.

Edited to add, just now reading the above post, so ignore.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2005, 06:04:27 AM »
If you are on a work permit, your husband will be a work permit dependent and need a work permit dependant visa.  Just wanted to let you know that would be the term (not spousal visa) if you were looking up info.

Edited to add, just now reading the above post, so ignore.

Just wanted to add that I've talked to several other people about this, including the people at BUNAC, and he does not need a work permit dependent visa because that is not covered under the Bunac work visa, so he just needs a passport.  They said they've had people do that many times before and it's not a problem. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab