Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance/e visa: money, sponsorship, length of stay questions  (Read 681 times)

• Liked: 0
Fiance/e visa: money, sponsorship, length of stay questions
« on: April 04, 2005, 05:05:05 AM »
I'm working on the application, and I'm at the part where they ask for details of 'income from other sources, such as friends and family'.  My grandmother's promised me a wedding present that's going straight into my bank account.  She hasn't stated a specific amount of money, nor have I asked.  How precise do I need to be when describing this income?  Should I ask her to deposit the money before I submit my application so I can have a dollar amount in my description?

Also, when have people included co-sponsors in their applications?  My fiance has a temp job, but is still living at home.  He's hoping to get a flat for us soon, but we may still be living with his parents when we get married.  They have agreed that we can stay on a temporary basis and we're including a letter stating this as well as a copy of the deed to their house.  He's making minimum wage, but does have 4600 pounds in savings we can put towards cost of living until he gets a better-paying job.  Would we be wise to ask his parents to co-sponsor our application?  They're both retired, but I believe his dad has a decent pension.

The only other thing I'm concerned about is when I was previously living in the UK as a student.  I had a student visa in my passport that was valid from Sept 2002 to Oct. 2003.  I finished my master's degree in September 2003 and did not leave the country until December 2003.  In those three months I lived with my (now) fiance, but I didn't take any paid work.  I was not deported nor did I have any difficulty leaving the UK or re-entering the US.  I'm just wondering if I should anticipate any difficulty during my interview over this. 

Thanks so much for your help.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 05:21:00 AM by austengirl »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab