Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Points on UK Licence  (Read 1708 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Points on UK Licence
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2005, 12:41:15 PM »
So... just as an update... I sent off the last letter to the DVLA (certified) 10 days ago... no response...
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2005, 02:32:31 PM »
So... just as an update... I sent off the last letter to the DVLA (certified) 10 days ago... no response...

In DVLA terms, 10 days is like five minutes!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2005, 02:42:17 PM »
Oh I totally agree.... but i got my last two letters 4 days apart.... perhaps the employee assigned to my case is on holiday.  oh well.  wait and see game. 

• Banned

• Big black panther stalking through the jungle!
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2005, 09:59:47 PM »
I know the law allows points on a U.K. for something which happened when you didn't have such a license.    The have been press reports in the past of unlicensed (often underage) drivers being given points even though they have no license.  It sounds odd, but apparently the points will be placed immediately on any license they obtain in the future.  So fair or unfair, that seems to be the way it works.

I don't know the details, but I know there is some sort of time limit for the authorities to either issue a summons or send a notice that they intend to prosecute.  After that time, nothing can be done.    It's possible that the original response you gave would have waived any possible get-out clause that way though.

You might like to try posting this query over on the forums at www.pepipoo.com 

This is a site aimed primarily against speed cameras, and quite a lot of the people there seem to be out to wilfully break speed limits and try to use any technicality to get away with it (just so you know I don't agree with them all!).   

They do have a lot of people there who know all the legal wrangles with regard to speeding tickets though, including a couple of cops, so somebody may have the answer.
From
Bar
To car
To
Gates ajar
Burma Shave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dreaming of one who truly is La plus belle pour aller danser.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2005, 08:14:44 AM »
You might like to try posting this query over on the forums at www.pepipoo.com 

This is a site aimed primarily against speed cameras, and quite a lot of the people there seem to be out to wilfully break speed limits and try to use any technicality to get away with it (just so you know I don't agree with them all!).   

Thanks for the link, Paul! I immediately sent it to my BF, who's vehemently opposed to speed cameras. He doesn't wilfully break speed limits, but he does manage an obscene gesture or two whenever he passes a camera!  ;)
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2005, 10:06:04 AM »
Paul... thanks for the site.  I checked it out and am currently in the process of seeing if one of the violations can be quashed.  This is based on the fact that the Letter of Intended Prosecution was sent out after the 14 day limit... we'll see how this goes.  Thanks again.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2005, 11:26:05 AM »
Oh, I'm so sick of the anti speed camera rubbish I hear - I used to live on a busy road with a 30mph limit, but a community speed watch found drivers going in excess of 60mph - there had been two serious pedestrian collisions in the past 3 years - we only needed one more on our road before we could 'justify' a camera - how crazy is that??!!

I was knocked down as a child by a speeding car.

For goodness sake, SPEED KILLS - slowing down improves the chances of survival of an accident and makes living on a road slightly more tolerable.  Rant over.

You were speeding, pay the fine, take the points, whatever - just please slow down in future.

Here endeth the lesson.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab