Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hey ladies?  Any of ya' remember Judy Blume?  (Read 1421 times)

• Liked: 0
Hey ladies?  Any of ya' remember Judy Blume?
« on: July 26, 2003, 03:35:14 AM »
 :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 11:36:30 PM by urnosey »

Re: Hey ladies?  Any of ya' remember Judy Blume?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2003, 03:47:21 AM »
SO FUNNY you should mention it...several months ago, my bf and I had this beig talk about Judy Blume, how much we loved Margaret & Deenie and stuff...we hunted for the books in her storage space, dunkenly, at like 2 am...
Then we got our friend's neice Margaret for Christmas..she's 11, she LOVED it!!!

I hated Wifey and some other adult one, though..I don't recall the name but I'm pretty sure it was set in Colorado..hated hated hated them!

• NYC to London. Must be a city thing.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2003, 04:53:00 AM »
I actually read Summer Sisters a while ago. I'm not one for paying attention, so I think I didn't realize it was Judy Blume until I was done and looking at the author's bio on the cover. Duh! I used to love reading Blume books when I was growing up. Her and Beverly Cleary (sp?).

Judy Blume certainly knew how to speak to the pre-teen, and teenage, mindset.

And I did enjoy Summer Sisters, which was reminiscent of her kids' books and yet definitely worked to the adult reader.
"You can wordify anything if you just verb it." -- Bucky, Get Fuzzy

• My little cutie
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 09:56:02 PM »
I still owned Blubber before we moved to the UK (because books are so heavy we sold most of them)

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2003, 11:18:51 PM »
"Smart Women" was the one I loathed, absolutely hated it....not one of the women was remotely "smart" or even likeable, I hated them all and only finished the dull thing because I hated them so much I was enjoying hating them.
"Wifey" I thought was just boring.  Haven't read "Summer Sisters" tho.  Didn't she just put out a new one not too long ago?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab