Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving to Hove/Brighton  (Read 1238 times)

• If it's not fun, why do it?!
  • Liked: 0
Moving to Hove/Brighton
« on: July 28, 2003, 12:27:58 AM »
Hi All
I am moving to Hove/Brighton area in the next month with my husband.   We are moving from Boston and we don't know anyone except the people in my  husband's company.  So we're kinda jumping into this really quick. Any tips or good information on traveling, shipping, what not would be great.    Thanks!!

• Fat people are hard to kidnap.
    • Flickr
Re: Moving to Hove/Brighton
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 01:36:49 AM »
Hello!  I'm so glad you're moving to the Brighton/Hove area!  We need more expats down here!!  Let me know when you're settled, and I'll give you a tour (but a pretty crappy one, since I don't know much myself... but at least it'll be free!!)

No major tips apart from RELAX.  I assume the company is paying for the shipping?  If not, get lots of quotes and even ask for quotes on shipping by air.  It was only $200 more for us to go by air, so there was no real question.  Definitely read the "I wish I would(n't) have brought...." threads on here... they'll help you out immensely.

In terms of adjusting, all I can say is be flexible.  Don't fight the differences... just go with it!  :-)

Good luck!!!  

-Lisa-  [smiley=freak.gif]
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 03:58:36 PM »
I can tell you that there is great shopping in brighton/hove and that the sea is rite there which is really cool...i made quite a few trips back and forth from the us to the uk so i made sure i packed loads into my suitcases each time..so i moved bit by bit...

are you able to work when you come to the UK..i have found that it helps to work/do volunteer work to give you something to be involved with to help with boredom at times..

anyhow best of luck...i live in eastbourne which is about 35 miles from brighton...not as much shopping here but the sea is just as nice..

best wishes
Lisa
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 01:42:08 AM »
You'll love it here.  Similar to Boston in lots of ways.  Let me konw if you have any specific questions... I'd love to help.  We've only been here a year, but I've learned so much in one year!

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 12:34:54 AM »
hi all, i also would like to know about Brighton. Is it expensive to live there? I am thinking about applying to the u there.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab