Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: masters - 1yr. from which month to which month?  (Read 979 times)

• PA - DC - Leeds, UK - Dallas, Tx
  • Liked: 0
masters - 1yr. from which month to which month?
« on: April 13, 2005, 03:39:07 PM »
I have asked for July 22, 2005-July 16, 2006, are those dates accurate for a 1yr masters taught programme?

Posted in grievances already:

Maybe it's the fact that I just want to be with the one I love or that I have worked so hard to get to this point that nothing will stop me now, but I really hate my job here. I work for the federal gov't. They allow up to a one year sabbatical unpaid to employees, upon supervisory approval. I was taking this year to get my masters at the uni of Leeds.

Well, I have submitte the requested time off and my supervisor requested proof of enrollment (fine) and wanted to know the course dates. She doesn't think I need more than two weeks from the time class starts to get there. BS! I need at least 4 weeks - I need to get a job and get adjusted.

Basically, they have already agreed to give me the time off and now it seems their putting more limitations on it and dictating what is good for me. I have explained this to her and she doesn't agree. Now I am at their mercy. I would rather quit at this point, but it will be better to have this to come back to for the visa ppl to grant a visa to me since steve will be supporting me and i don't have all the funds to prove i can live on my own. Any suggestions? Proof I can give her?
Sometimes I feel like an alien in my own country

Re: masters - 1yr. from which month to which month?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 03:42:47 PM »
Hmmm, well here at the Uni I work at the students start in September (third week) they end in May with exams and essays and then have to do their dissertation which technically they have till September to complete.  Most do not complete then though, they usually take a little longer.

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 10:04:25 PM »
Registration starts in late Sept, you finish the following Sept.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• PA - DC - Leeds, UK - Dallas, Tx
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 03:42:25 AM »
Got it worked out. i'll be there in august and leave mid-july. I can finish my thesis/dissertation from here if need be according to the uni. :)
Sometimes I feel like an alien in my own country

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 11:18:09 AM »
Got it worked out. i'll be there in august and leave mid-july. I can finish my thesis/dissertation from here if need be according to the uni. :)

We have loads of students who do that!  So no worries!!!!! ;D

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 01:32:37 PM »
Good plan!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab