Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Traveling to Dumfries  (Read 1158 times)

• Liked: 0
Traveling to Dumfries
« on: July 31, 2003, 05:05:56 PM »
Hi all, on our honeymoon Chris and I are taking a driving tour of the northern parts of Wales, England and possibly a trip to Dumfries.  Anything in particular I should look to see and/or do?

Do you have any advice on places between England and Dumfries that might be a good stopover as well. Maybe instead of Dumfries I mean.  Since we are driving I'm not sure how much time we will have there so any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Karen
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
Re: Traveling to Dumfries
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 09:57:58 AM »
We went to Wales on our honeymoon. Just gorgeous! Betws-y-Coed reminded me of the most beautiful bits of North Carolina and Snowdonia has some beautiful photo ops. I'm afraid passing by Dumfries is about all the experience I've had.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• Liked: 0
Re: Traveling to Dumfries
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 08:57:25 PM »
Hi Lisa, thanks for posting.  I guess this is not the most popular destination!  But no matter.  I will live in the southern part of the country.  In Swansea.  The Gower is there if you haven't seen it - make the trip.  If you like hiking try Worm's Head.  I think most would find that a challenge.  If you don't come and go you could get stranded on the "head".  The tide will come in and cut you off.  But its so beautiful there.  I love going there. Also pssssssssssttt don't tell but I liked Cardiff too.  

Apparently Swansea and Cardiff are rivals in football.  So I can't say that outloud.  lol
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab