Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: what special things did you do to for your S.O. to help the distance?  (Read 2375 times)

• Liked: 12
Re: what special things did you do to for your S.O. to help the distance?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 12:07:46 PM »
We mainly spoke every single day on the phone for 3+ hours without fail (sooo many phone cards  ::)) so we could hear eachother's voices and feel close, despite the huge difference between us. That REALLY helped. Amazingly we never seemed to run out of things to say, and it felt as though he could have been talking to me from just down the street. We also wrote long love letters in packages to eachother and included things like pictures and tiny gifts like CD compilations he made just so we had something physical from one another to hold onto to cheer ourselves up from being so far apart. That helped too, and we both greatly looked forward to receiving our packages. It made the waiting go by faster. I think the most important thing was that we kept in contact somehow every single day.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 12:10:14 PM by Honeybee »
Plans on hold 'cuz Brexit

• azroomie & james
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 11:19:57 AM »
kept in contact every single day.. aol  im  dates  and later on phone dates..  care packages for the holidays.. i used to get roses at random times  in  random colors..   and sometimes  audio cassettes  of me insted of a written letter..  so much faster  and natural  for me to just  'ramble"..lol
"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar." - Raymond Lindquist

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2005, 05:00:53 AM »
I talk to my DF for at least an hour everyday, sometimes 2 hours.  I've also written him probably at least 3 times a week.  He's coming to the US in three weeks and I'm dying for him to get here!  We'll have been apart for 14 weeks altogether and we promised each other that we are NEVER going to go this long again.  The only positive thing I can think about this whole time is that I never have to do it again :)

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2005, 09:36:20 AM »
I stayed up VERY late and Jamie got up VERY early before work so that we could chat (amongst other stuff) via webcam.  As writers, we wrote each other poetry (and wrote collaborative pieces, as well) of our longing for each other and the pain of being seperated and the triumph of our love, and we sent these to each other via e-mail and posted them in our poetry thread on the board which we had met on.  We wrote songs and sang them to each other.  One of the songs that Jamie wrote, he recorded with his brother and he gave me the CD one time when he was visiting so that I could play it over and over whilst we had to be apart.  He would call me for a few minutes - ignoring the exorbant cost - most weekdays during his breaks at work and he called me every week so we could talk and cry (and other stuff) for an hour.  All these things we did in effort to stay sane because saying that it hurt so much to be apart just doesn't do that kind of pain justice.  We made it through by the grace of God. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 09:38:25 AM by Songmistress »
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2005, 02:19:32 AM »
my boyfriend and i send each other songs, almost every day, its a different way for us to express how much we miss each other and gives us something to listen to and remember each other when we get lonely. the distance gets hard, won't be for much longer, but some days are a struggle and it helps.

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2005, 06:48:39 AM »
so that we could chat (amongst other stuff) via webcam.   

don't go there!  ;)

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2005, 04:04:08 PM »
don't go there!  ;)

;) LOL...that's why I was vague.
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

• Then things got just plain Silly!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2005, 08:12:01 PM »
;) LOL...that's why I was vague.

LOL and I thought maybe I was just reading too much into that!
All dreams can come true—if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

I can't change the direction of the wind, I can however adjust my sails to always make it to my destination.

Sponsored Links