Hello

Sponsored Links

Poll

What's large family car should Northern Hope get?

Mini-Van
4 (17.4%)
Station Wagon
14 (60.9%)
SUV
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Topic: Car argument.  (Read 1196 times)

• AAGGGHH!
  • Liked: 0
Re: Car argument.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 11:31:05 PM »
I have a mini SUV.  Its nice because I feel like I am higher, but it doesn't take up the whole road like some people's cars!  >:(

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 12:18:37 AM »
I have a SUV in the States and a Land Rover in the UK.  I guess I am very evil!  I do like station wagons too.

• Banned

• Damn it, Spock, breathe!
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 06:43:22 AM »
Northern,

I'd go with an SUV, if I were you. Yes, I know they're gas guzzlers, etc., etc., but given the three options... (Then again, I don't have kids, so perhaps my opinion would differ if I did, although I seriously doubt it.  ;)) When one of my sisters-in-law had her and my brother's second child, she also wanted to get a minivan, much to his dismay (he'd always been a sports car and motorcycle kind of guy). I hate to tell you, but he lost the debate, and they now have a minivan.  [smiley=behead.gif]  Along with FunGirl's "Friends don't let friends..." quote, you might also want to remind your wife that minivans are called "people carriers" here, as balmerhon mentioned. That in itself should prove a deterrent. (I might be mistaken, but the last time I checked, all--or the vast majority of--vehicles were "people carriers." It's akin to singling out, say, houses from other types of dwellings and calling them "places where people live." Sigh. A statement of the obvious...).

Suzanne
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 04:59:17 PM by Suzanne »

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 10:39:32 AM »
Back in 1994, I got a wonderful Grand Voyager minivan.  We drove that behemoth on many a road trip, and it was wonderful.  If one has kids, and desires to go on road trips,, there is nothing like it. We would take the middle seat out, could fit a huge ice chest in, the girls could stretch out to sleep, ahhhh, it was idyllic.  I can't imagine a road trip in anything smaller. On one trip to Disneyworld, my beloved Voyager let me down with a flat tire as I drove along I-10 in Florida, on a Sunday.  Why did it have to be on a Sunday?  Why are spare tires placed so that you have to unload all your luggage to get to them?  Some things you have to document with a photograph:

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2005, 04:34:35 PM »
lol Tebs.  Not exactly an advert for what a great time you can have in a mini-van! ;)

• Banned

• Damn it, Spock, breathe!
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2005, 05:02:09 PM »
Tebs, was that the year Grand Voyager fired your family as being great marketers for the vehicle, and decided you'd be better off as antidepressant poster children? :)

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2005, 01:42:41 AM »
LMAO!,, actually, they were in high spirits,, I made them pose for me, and told them to look as miserable as they could,,LOL. They did a great job on that ;)

• Umeå University in winter
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2005, 06:18:35 AM »
Northern,
I hate to tell you, but he lost the debate, and they now have a minivan.  [smiley=behead.gif] 

Suzanne
This sounds familiar, and in the end I'm sure we will buy what she wants.  :) Though I will give it the good old college try before giving in, I mean you have to have some fun in life.  :)
I want some TexMex and a Corona!!

• When I leave England, I'll miss my garden & view
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2005, 12:44:51 PM »
Hey, minivans are really sensible when you have kids, a house and need to haul stuff around.  They're not great selling vehicles without reason.

Since having mine, not only do I have room for my kids, but I have room for their friends.  When the inlaws were here, all six of us, including our stuff, were able to drive around together in one vehicle.  When we large items, we just pop down the back benches and there's tons of room.  At Christmas, I fit a 7ft air hockey table in it (in it's box;  unassembled, but still big).

And here's the good news:  I'm still exceptionally cool.   8)
"Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers' gardens." -
Douglas Jerrold

• Liked: 1
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2005, 12:47:13 PM »
i love SUVs....i had one for my winters in vt and if you have the weather for it...they are great

get the car my husband and i want. a volvo cross country.  higher than a normal station wagon, and really comfy, good on gas and good looking!

(go for the heated seats)  ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab