Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: a brit holding an american driving licence?  (Read 575 times)

• Liked: 0
a brit holding an american driving licence?
« on: April 21, 2005, 06:10:52 PM »
hi there,
             well, im british and have never had a british driving licence. since being in america however(been here two years), i took my driving test, and have a full US driving licence.
     so......does the rule aply to me that I can use that licene in the uk for 12 months, or does that only apply for non uk citizains? moving back in may, and plan to get a car pretty soon after ariving. If its not valid, I guess i will just take my uk test straight away.
 thank you

oh..... also, if i have to take my uk test, do i have to have lessons seeing as ive been driving over here, or can i just take the theory and the practical.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: a brit holding an american driving licence?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 07:16:42 PM »
The 12 month rule applies to you too!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 09:23:26 PM »
Chris, I don't think taking a refresher lesson or two would be amiss,, you will find that the UK driving test is vastly different (harder) than any of the driving tests in the US.  Do you drive stick or would you take the UK test in automatic?  I am taking the test next month, but in automatic, and believe me,, it's been enlightening, taking lessons to help me pass the test.  Good luck with that :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 09:47:26 PM »
thanks guys. well at the moment tebs i drive an automatic, but gonna get a manual in the uk(better petrol mileage), so yeah, like u said, would be a good idea to do one or two refresher lessons! are u originally from the uk or the states?
well, good luck with your test, let us know how you do!!!

Sponsored Links