Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Informal enquiries/discussion  (Read 505 times)

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 0
Informal enquiries/discussion
« on: April 22, 2005, 04:48:01 PM »
On a couple of job postings, I have seen something along the lines of "for informal enquiries, contact so-and-so" with the so-and-so usually being someone in the hiring department rather than in HR.

What is this about?  Is it best to make such an enquiry--will it help?  What kind of things would one ask or say?

Thanks!

Liz
Liz

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
  • Liked: 1
Re: Informal enquiries/discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 11:08:36 PM »
I am not sure if my limited experience will help, but I did make informal inquiries recently. My job is rather technical/specialized, and my last trip to the UK was partially to meet with people in my field to see how things are done there. Since I was on a visitors visa, and looking for work would have been illegal (as well as pointless since I don't have a moving date yet), I simply called, briefly introduced myself and my situation, and asked if they would have me for a short visit. Everyone was very accommodating and happy to answer my questions.

Since I don't know what type of work you are in, I am not sure if this type of call would help you, but I found it to be very useful to gather information, as well as to make contacts in my field for when I do have a moving date.

Good Luck! :)
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab