Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: plane tickets...  (Read 438 times)

plane tickets...
« on: April 24, 2005, 10:04:37 PM »
hey all  ;D I've been looking at tickets to go back to see my bf in August and the cheapest is 882 at the moment... so I looked at September and its - surprise surprise - 882. lol I've looked at cheaptickets.com, flightreservationsonline.com, expedia, travelocity... and they're all the same.. so I'm guessing this is the cheapest they're gonna get... am I right? :-\\\\ cuz if so, I better start saving  ;) which I planned on anyways lol

Re: plane tickets...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 10:08:57 PM »
If you can come in September then definately come then.  September tickets will go down, but August tickets never will. 

Is that $882?  Can I ask where you found that price?  That's about $100 less than anything I've found so far. 

• AAGGGHH!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 10:10:06 PM »
Sometimes you can get a deal with Northwest (not sure where you are located).  But I once got a ticket from Orlando to Paris for $580.  My ticket for June from them was $800.  They will do promo tickets for a cheap price for a day, so check everyday and you may see a deal, but it will be gone the next day.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 10:21:42 PM »
you just have to play around with the dates. 

where are you flying out of? where are you landing?
how long will you be there?
married my husband and moved to england sept 2005, moved back to USA sept 2008

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 10:29:40 PM »
obviously sept is gonna be cheaper than august.

best bet is to fly on tuesdays and wednesdays. 

i just found $713 on expedia  9/6 - 9/20  from cleveland (i dont know if this is where you are) to heathrow.

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 12:13:52 AM »
If you can come in September then definately come then. September tickets will go down, but August tickets never will.

Is that $882? Can I ask where you found that price? That's about $100 less than anything I've found so far.

I believe I found that price on Orbitz  :)  most others are 940 and up to leave July 27th (wed) and come back Aug 12 (fri)...I was going then because its before my bf starts college and his dad's bday is the 9th but that idea is down the drain  ;D lol  Ill just have to go in Sept.

you just have to play around with the dates.

where are you flying out of? where are you landing?
how long will you be there?

I'm flying out of Cleveland and going to Manchester - but I will be going to Heathrow or Gatwick if it is cheaper, will just be a longer ride to Leeds!  And I was planning on 16 to 21 days, as my first trip was 20 days - long enough to at least enjoy my stay & spend time with my bf, but not too long that I couldn't pay my bills.  ::) even that isnt long enough with my bf, but I will take what I can for now (and what I can afford, lol!) so I may just go in sept. after i've moved & everything.. yeesh

thanks all, for the advice  ;D ;) :)

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 12:43:07 AM »
well i think expedia has proven to be the best.  i got $868.22 for your dates of 7/27 - 8/12 from CLE to MAN.

but yeah, its just a matter of how important it is to go earlier i guess.  the longer you wait, the cheaper is it.  (although i found that it got more expensive in late august)

9/7 - 9/21  $749.72

9/14 - 9/28  $647.72

Sponsored Links