Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bedsits  (Read 2097 times)

Re: Bedsits
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2005, 05:41:06 PM »
otterpop, when I said decor, I meant to covey simple decor- as in putting up a few pieces of art (framed), some drapes, and maybe a nice duvet fir the bed. Nothing major (like painting the walls yellow  :P ) Just simple personal touches. I hope this is allowed - basic things that do not permanently alter the flat.

You probably wont be allowed to put any holes in the walls, but if you can put up your art without damaging the walls, im sure it wouldnt be a problem.   Your bed will probably just be a mattress/base... no bedding, sheets, duvets, quilts, etc, so of course you can put whatever sort of bedclothes on it that you like!  :)   If you change the curtains in the room, you will be expected to put the original curtains back up when you leave... it all depends on your landlord.

I took a look at the link you posted for 'the Brandon'... you should know that bedsits will be NOTHING like that.  :-\\\\
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 08:27:54 AM by otterpop »

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2005, 03:52:14 PM »
If you are studying over here, are you eligible for Halls of Residence?

There are quite a few around London, either owned by the individual colleges or owned by the University of London.

They appear to top out at about 120 pounds a week, and a lot seem to offer meals as well. It might not be ideal, but it gives you the option of meeting people who you feel comfortable to, potentially, share a house with.

• le club de l'autobus blanc!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2005, 05:13:02 PM »
I am indeed eligible. But, they are far, far away, and I'm not sure if they are quite right for me.

I've decided that when I arrive in London, I will view the halls of residence, and then private flats. I will see which I like the best, then go from there!

I'm so excited! Thank you everybody once again, for you help!  ;D

Let's take our wigs off in the shopi aisle and fight it out.

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 05:39:17 AM »
One last question...

With a shared bathroom, are they typically cleaned by a janitor? Or do they fall into squalor until one of the tenants take over?

Just curious (I hope I can't hear the laughter on this side of the pond  :))

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 07:21:13 AM »
One last question...

With a shared bathroom, are they typically cleaned by a janitor? Or do they fall into squalor until one of the tenants take over?

Just curious (I hope I can't hear the laughter on this side of the pond  :))

Are you talking about the bathrooms in the Halls of Residence, or in bedsits?

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2005, 02:13:19 PM »
I am askinkg of the bedsits, please  :).

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2005, 08:40:02 AM »
It depends.
As i said in a previous post,  in one of my bedsits the landlord came to clean the bathroom every day.  In another bedsit,  i cleaned the bathroom myself, every morning before i used it.   And in yet another, i never used the bathroom (except to use the toilet) because there was never any hot water.  I used to get my baths & showers at the train station.  :-X  I have no idea who cleaned the bathroom in that flat... it never seemed to be dirty, though.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 08:42:47 AM by otterpop »

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2005, 03:04:15 PM »
Thank you, otterpop!  8)

Sponsored Links