Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: going crazy!  (Read 600 times)

• Liked: 7
going crazy!
« on: April 27, 2005, 07:09:41 PM »
Okay, I don't know if this is the place to put this, but I need to whinge a bit.

I am moving over in June. I have finished school in March so I am basicly just waiting for my son to finish the school year. I am BORED, BORED, BORED!

I know what I am going to bringing, next to nothing. The movers will be packing that up so I can't be doing that.

I am waiting on a document so I can send for my visa. I have everything else. So I can't do that yet.

No job, who's going to hire me for 6 weeks? Can't do that.

The rest of the  stuff will be sold, but it is too early for that as we need most of that until moving day. Can't do much more than sort and I am taking so little there's nothing to sort now.  Besides I've had months to sort and decide, and its all done.

I am sewing shirts for the wedding but that is really easy and I can do that when I get there, so it's really busy work.

I am SICK of daytime tv. Cooking some for a change, but then I want to EAT. 
On and on and on....

So I am a lady in waiting and I am going crazy!
My whole life is out there just waiting for me to live it and I can't get there just yet! My life here is ended so there is nothing to do.  I just want to get over ther so I can be with my Beloved, and start my new life. Talking to him on the phone makes it all worse.
 I am truly PITIFUL!

What did youse guys do in the waiting time?

Tempus NON fugit!!!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 07:12:50 PM by abercroft »
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying:
"I will try again tomorrow"

• Dharma in the Dishes
  • Liked: 14
Re: going crazy!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 11:00:26 PM »
Start a journal and write all your thoughts in it. I like to read through my journal from the 'move year'. It's very detailed, and even though I thought at the time I would always remember everything about that difficult time, I don't. I'm glad I have those thoughts and lists and random jottings written down; it makes for interesting reading in later years.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 08:56:03 AM »
I had a little over a month of not working right before I moved. Most of that time was taken up with packing, having a yard sale, getting rid of unwanted stuff, etc. I mean, I felt pretty busy! But mostly I hung out with friends I knew I wouldn't be seeing for a while. Plan some big parties or get-togethers with friends! Organise some nights out! If that isn't enough, is there any volunteer work you could do for 6 weeks? Something that wouldn't require them to put much time into training you or getting you acclimated? Even if you could only give them 6 weeks, I think a lot of organisations would be happy to have that! I put in a couple of days a week doing database work for our botanical garden -- a friend of mine was the director, so it was kind of fun to hang out with her during the day, too.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Liked: 7
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 04:36:20 PM »
good ideas, guys, thanks.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying:
"I will try again tomorrow"

Sponsored Links