Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need mover referral - from New Jersey to London  (Read 878 times)

• Liked: 0
Need mover referral - from New Jersey to London
« on: April 30, 2005, 09:03:49 PM »
Can someone please provide referral for international moving companies they have personally used with satisfaction.  We are moving from NJ to London.  Thanks in advance.

Re: Need mover referral - from New Jersey to London
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 02:57:05 PM »
Given the lack of response here, I decided to share some of my findings with anyone who's interested. 

If you need to make an overseas move, please please please do yourself a favor and visit newcomer link: http://www.movingscam.com [nonactive]

Go to the "Message Board" and search for keyword "international".  This website is put up by someone who was scammed in a very bad way and he decided to create a sort of a watchdog website that black lists bad movers and recommends ones that people have actually had good experience with.

When my family decided to move to London from New Jersey, the first thing I did was contact newcomer link: http://www.intlmovers.com [nonactive]   (it's a sponsored URL on this website, in the Shipping section) which forwarded my information to several movers who subsequently contacted me and provided some quotes. I followed the recommended procedure of having the movers come to my home to survey our belongings and everything.  I decided to go with one of the movers but with some sheer luck (and their own incompetence really), I fired them less than three weeks before the big move.  The reason was that there was virtually no communication regarding the moving process, liability, and etc. and I never received the documents they said they were emailing me in spite of constant followup on my part. 

It was a very difficult decision but I had very little choice.  The only thing worse than having no mover three weeks before an overseas move is to have a mover that you cannot trust.  Somehow, I stumbled on newcomer link: http://www.movingscam.com [nonactive] and found this site so helpful that I'm recommending it to everyone I know.

I wish this website would feature newcomer link: http://www.movingscam.com [nonactive] prominently in the "Moving Issues" and "Shipping" sections.

Good luck!   :)

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 03:06:34 PM »
Sorry, I didn't use movers so I didn't want to respond.  thank you for posting your findings. ;D

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 01:39:16 AM »
I also received no response here for recommendations on a mover from Baltimore to the UK.

My subsequent requests for estimates from agents for all the major moving companies in the Baltimore area went unanswered.  I'm still astounded by those companies.  I always reply promptly to clients I cannot or don't want to work with, so what's going on with these companies I don't know.

So today I contracted with World Moving Services of Fort Lauderdale Florida, on the strength of an earlier recommendation posted on this forum by satisfied customer.  So far the company has been a model of professionalism and responsiveness, so I have high hopes for a good move. 

After 20 years in the Army, we are not novices at this.

Jim

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 09:10:17 AM »
I didn't see this thread either! Sorry! I definitely would have responded!

I used Rainier Overseas Movers (www.rainieros.com) when I moved in 2003. They're based in Washington state, but work with local movers all over the US and UK ... and other countries. I moved from Rhode Island to Wales. Rainer was really great. They did all the work for me and it couldn't have been easier!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 11:12:11 AM »
I just posted on another thread about Sterling International. They handle shipments from all over the world to the UK. They did 2 household goods shipments form me. I was very satisfied! Please Google them as I dont have their website anymore.

• Hi there.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 07:16:30 AM »
We just moved over in August from Morris County to Gloucestershire.  In the US we 'Knopf' -- they were a bit expensive; but everything was done top-notch!  They made special boxes for every piece of furniture - not a nick or scratch -- only 1 cup broken.  http://www.knopfusa.com/  We have friend who have used them 5x's (between US and Europe -- nothing but great things to say).

Unfortunately, they had partenered with "TEAM RELOCATION" in England.  Team Relocation botched the job -- they did not send enough people to unpack the container and move-in.  The logistics got a bit complicated b/c we are 2 hours outside London and Team Relocation is a London based company.  It was a bit of nightmare.

Knopf is expensive; but worth every penny!

Michelle

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 01:48:13 PM »
When I moved to London from NJ, my company used The MIGroup (www.themigroup.com).  They are expensive, but the packing and handling of my belongings was first rate.

bvamin

Sponsored Links