Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question Regarding Financial Support  (Read 953 times)

• Liked: 0
Question Regarding Financial Support
« on: August 07, 2003, 10:24:23 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding the proof of financial support in order to get my settlement visa.  

My fiance and I plan to get married in Las Vegas, afterwards we plan to go to New York to get the visa (where I am from).   Dave is in the Royal Navy  and seems to think it will be difficult to get a letter from the job .  Has anyone else married someone in the British Forces that can share with me what they did to show proof of work?  Or if they did anything different in general?

Thank you for your help!

Maureen

Re: Question Regarding Financial Support
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 08:35:56 AM »
Wish I had some words of wisdom Maureen.  I'm presuming he'll have his payslips and bank statements, but I have no idea what other means he would be able to provide to show proof.  Hope it works out though!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2003, 11:27:55 AM »
Hi Elle,

Thanks for your response. I called the consulate in NY York and the guy told me that the pay stubs alone would not work.  They said if Dave had some orders that were given to him that would help but the thing is Dave is on this ship until at least July of next year so he won't be given any new orders until then and apparently no past orders will work.  You would think that his id card and his pay stub alone would work along with his service number.

Dave's boss married a Bosnian I think or a Croatian  (I can't remember) but he's going to ask him what he did.  Maybe he can give some insight to how we go about doing this.

Maureen

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2003, 09:42:39 PM »
keep us posted as to what you find out!

Sponsored Links