Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hospitals in England  (Read 1068 times)

• Liked: 0
Hospitals in England
« on: May 03, 2005, 03:15:18 PM »
Just interested in knowing what the hospitals are like in England as well as which ones are regarded as very good.  Which ones to stay away from, for that matter.  Thanks.

• Liked: 2
Re: Hospitals in England
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 03:55:18 PM »
Oh my, what a question!

NHS (i.e. public and free) hopsitals are given 1, 2 or 3 stars by the Gov't depending on various criteria.  Basically, 1 star is not good and 3 stars are good.  The rating system is very controversial and doesn't tell the whole story. Have a look at www.nhs.uk for info on individual hospitals.  I have been treated in both a '1 star' and a '3 star' and to be honest, they were both FANTASTIC on the medical front but nowhere near the level of comfort and cleanliness that you would expect in most US hospitals.

As for private hopsitals, well, who knows??!! I don't know who regulates them.  I have been treated in a private hospital - same doctors as in the NHS, but much plusher surroundings. Have a look at www.privatehealthcare.co.uk for info.

As for ones to avoid, well, I'd say avoid 'em all - who actually wants to be in a hospital!!??? ??? ???

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab