Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: cup finals  (Read 1085 times)

• tenez dessus fortement sur vos rêves
  • Liked: 0
cup finals
« on: May 04, 2005, 08:02:04 PM »
i posted this early, hope its ok, do any of you like football if so which team do you support ? will you watch the F A  cup final and the Champion leagues final ( come on Arsenal  and Liverpool ) and do you support England, Wales or Scotland in the World cup or do you support the U S A .
its a far better thing i do than i have ever done

Re: cup finals
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 08:20:12 PM »
Rangers & Scotland!

I don't pay a lot of attention to football south of the border, so don't even know who is playing in the FA Cup.  :-[  Although, when it's on, DH and i will definitely watch it.   The only reason i know what's going on in the Champions League at the moment is because there's a boy in my office who is a Liverpool supporter, and he will not SHUT UP about it! 

My DH is 'fitba daft' (as we say in Scotland!) and will watch any match, no matter who is playing, any and every day of the week.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 08:22:11 PM by otterpop »

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 08:27:15 PM »
I will be watching both cup finals.  I support Arsenal and England.

bvamin

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 09:18:04 PM »
Well, as is obvious by a few pictures in my posts, I'm defo a footie fan and have been a supporter of my club soon after arriving in the UK.  I'm not terribly picky about the football I watch.  Hubby and I watch English, Italian, Spanish and Scottish League games, as well as the WC, the European Championships, the UEFA Cup and CL games.

Can't say that I'm an England supporter, even though a few of our CFC boys are regulars.  I dislike how certain 'superstar names' are given the captaincy when I seriously doubt they could lead their way out of a brown paper bag (bring back the days of captains like Tony Adams or Stuart Pearce).  I also dislike that there's a certain expectation that England will win any competition when it is patently obvious that it's not going to happen.  Don't even get me started on the booing of national anthems.   >:(

I'm particularly fond of the Irish national team.  They don't know when they're beaten and those boys give it their all (think WC 2002).  And when they come home, do they slink back in the country in the middle of the night because they didn't win (also think WC 2002).  Heck no, they throw a party in the park and celebrate their achievements.

I also enjoy watching the Dutch and Portuguese; the Italians usually put on a good show too.  I don't think I could ever support the USA.  Primarily because the only US players I know play in the English leagues and secondly, footie isn't a religion there.  Until the day that football is no longer considered a sport for girls, little boys and foreigners, I doubt I'd ever support my national team.
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 09:38:34 PM »
Well we definitely like watching it, they don't show mnay games here but if one is on we tune in, and I have been ordered by hubby's best mate to support Chelsea.  ;D  Haven't made up my mind yet, though.

We supported England during the World Cup-actually it was pretty funny.  We decorated the house (outside) with Union Jack banners and Jubilee badges (you could print them off the official Royal website).  The badges came down after the Jubilee but the flags stayed until England was out-our neighbors thought we were a bit loony but it was a lot of fun!

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 05:59:59 AM »
I don't think I could ever support the USA.  Primarily because the only US players I know play in the English leagues and secondly, footie isn't a religion there.  Until the day that football is no longer considered a sport for girls, little boys and foreigners, I doubt I'd ever support my national team.

Totally agree with your comments on this, Cait.  :)

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 11:05:06 PM »
Wooooohoooooo a post on football  ;D

I have spent the last year trying really hard to show some solidarity for my hubby's love of American football and in particular 'The Eagles"

I am so glad to say that he is now a complete convert and is loving OUR footy...I am a complete addict and have had a season ticket to QPR on and off since i was 12....

As a QPR supporter i have a few issues with Chelsea (for those that dont know they are local rivals or were when we played well enough to be in the same division LOL)

So....while i offer all Chelsea fans my commiserations on Europe, i have a cheeky smile and say very loudly
"COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" i hope they batter Milan  ;D

FA cup final day is always a big day in our family (we are all football nuts lol) It has to be Arsenal all the way. They are definitely my team of choice in the premiership (unless they meet QPR in the cup of course  :P)

What a sweet way to end the season, Man Utd winning nothing and having to qualify for Europe.....how sad LMAO
(and we didn't get relegated YAY)

And yes....im sure you have guessed it.....when England play i am one of those people who decorates their windows and car with cross's of St George. My holidays and short trips away are always planned round the big tournaments.
My hubby (then b/f) couldn't believe it when i told him my 1st trip to the States was planned with the footy in mind lol. He thought i was crazy....thinking about it, he still thinks the same when it comes to football. I'm 10 times more likely to cry over football than a soppy movie ***holds head in embarrassment*** 
What can i say.....I'm a passionate girl LOL
Look but don't touch! Touch but don't tase! Taste but don't swallow! And while you're hopping about from one foot to the other, he's up there laughing his sick f#@king a$$ off - Al Pacino

• Witchiepoo
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 11:22:42 PM »
So....while i offer all Chelsea fans my commiserations on Europe, i have a cheeky smile and say very loudly
"COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" i hope they batter Milan

Fat chance!   ;D

What a sweet way to end the season, Man Utd winning nothing and having to qualify for Europe.....how sad LMAO

Now that would be rather amusing.  ;)
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 09:23:38 AM »
My DH is 'fitba daft' (as we say in Scotland!) and will watch any match, no matter who is playing, any and every day of the week.

Me, too.  ;)  I love a GOOD game of footie.  I don't care who is playing, as long as it's a good game.  I've seen enough crap games played by "top" teams and some superb games by lower ranked teams.  ::)

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• tenez dessus fortement sur vos rêves
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 08:33:58 PM »
as a Leeds fan i was terribly dissapointed man u didnt win anything  ;D and on that spot of sarcasm i hope arsenal thrash them 4-0 .As for the champions league come on you reds
its a far better thing i do than i have ever done

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 12:24:44 PM »
I love a good game of footie as well, usually doesn't matter who's playing... and usually go for the underdog in the bigger matches.

However, I made someone a promise long ago, that no matter what, my heart would always be with Man City, and NEVER EVER with Man. U.  So I keep to that promise.  Now that my youngest nephew is a huge Van Nistelrooy fan, I'm having a hard time swaying him otherwise (he's six, there's no arguing).

Second to MC, I'd say Liverpool.

I love hearing all the men say "Go on my son!" during the matches.  :D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 05:46:53 PM by Kuyperama »
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 05:33:40 PM »
METRO!!!!!

started following footy after World Cup and got addicted to MetroStars

Sponsored Links