Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: work visa  (Read 721 times)

• My heart belongs to Stephen
    • my space
  • Liked: 0
work visa
« on: May 06, 2005, 10:03:34 AM »
So I was just wondering ......Once you have been hired for the job and all the forms and contracts are signed , How long does it take for the visa to be approved?

Also, is it automatic approval or do they look into job history, schooling, references and all that.  My company is sponsoring me so they are taking care of sending all the information out and they have dealt with this before.

Re: work visa
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 12:57:06 PM »
I was hired for a vacancy in the London office of my company in the beginning of December and I had my work permit in hand mid February.  I think the norm is about 2 months, mine might have been a bit delayed because of the holidays. 

I don't think it is"automatic" approval, but if your company has done this before, then they know what to do.  My company gave me the impression that being rejected wasn't anything I needed to worry about.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 05:17:27 PM »
I am as-well trying to get some company to sponsor me for a work permit, so I was just wondering, what company and are they still hiring?  No, no no, although if they are I am all ears for anything that might get me out of the US and into the UK.  My real question is that, how common is it for companies and organizations to presue work permits for immigrant workers, mainly immigrant workers from the US?  Are there any industries, vocations or companies which tend to do this often and quite willingly?  Thank you.

-Sir Sparky

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 09:25:47 PM »
Im going through a solicitor and she told me it would take 5 days for them to approve of it. But it may be different for other people.

• Chelsea's Blog!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 01:14:36 PM »
I just received my non-settlement visa from the NY consulate.  I'm not sure if they were all highly caffeinated or what, but we fedexed the apps and supporting docs on a Tuesday and had the visas in our hand back in DC by Saturday. Then again that was BEFORE the mini-bombs went off.  I'm not sure if the quick turn around had anything to do with the fact that I am scheduled to begin work in the UK on May 31st.

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 02:06:05 PM »
Getting the work permit takes longer than it does to get the entry clearance.  I think it took the school I'm working for about 1 month or so (they do it a lot).  Had to send in all sorts of info about myself to them to submit.  Getting the entry clearance in NYC took all of 9 days with me sending it in and getting it back. 

Sponsored Links