Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Visa - do i need to prove my love? :)  (Read 645 times)

• my name is jonas
  • Liked: 0
Spousal Visa - do i need to prove my love? :)
« on: May 08, 2005, 06:14:47 PM »
DH is leaving tuesday to go back to the motherland to seek out gainful employment and find us a home.  Once that is completed, I will be e-filing my VAF2 to come over and join him.

I noticed on the form it asks you to prove that you have kept in touch if you have been apart. 

How much supporting documentation do you need for this aspect of the application?  I am planning on having one massive e-mail.  We both have g-mail accounts and I am going to try to spend the summer replying to just the one email so that we have all of our correspondence in one place.  It was no fun printing off billions of emails when DH immigrated to the USofA. 

any suggestions?  I have searched but not found that many people file the spousal visa when they are apart from each other.  Also, is it going to matter that he will have only had the job for a month or so?  Or that I am going to be a student?

thanks in advance and sorry for the long post. 
had a bit of a wobble.

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
Re: Spousal Visa - do i need to prove my love? :)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 05:08:31 PM »
Email isn't really a very good source of proof, actually, so I wouldn't worry about that.

What they would prefer to see are phone bills, itinerary or tickets from visits, maybe a card or two (without any terribly personal info in it)...that sort of thing.  You aren't trying to prove you're still in love, just that you still speak to one another.  :)

• my name is jonas
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 05:27:28 PM »
thanks.

We'll only be apart for a couple of months, so there won't be any tickets from visits.  Only snail mail letters.  I will also be staying with my aunt, so the phone bill won't be in my name.  I don't want this to turn into some kind of complicated mess..

darn.
had a bit of a wobble.

• Married March 21,2005!!!
    • My Myspace page
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 07:54:58 PM »
lucky for me my hubby and i made notebooks to each other.
He started writting in a notebook and in a few weks i would get it and write in it and send it back we have used up 4 100 page notebooks this way. he is sending those for proof of corrospondance. AND i have printed off the E tickets from each viit to each other, or at least iteneraries ( cos sometimes u cant find that stuff ha )
and trip we took to Vegas together and hotel accomodations ect.
PLUS tickets to movies, football games, concerts :)
 :)
i write on everything date time and who i went with. I got photos ect.
u have to just go with what u got i guess.
 Phone bill - not for me it was embarraasing i think i wil be fine without PLUS i saved all his voice mails in my cell phone and texts.
Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Patrick Mulcrone. March 21,2005.  :) Temporarily back in the USA! Missing him! If you need advice I am here for you!

Sponsored Links