Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Work permit success stories  (Read 828 times)

• Liked: 0
Work permit success stories
« on: May 09, 2005, 11:01:31 PM »
Does anyone have any success stories involving work permits? Im needing some words of encouragement right now as my application is about to go in...

Re: Work permit success stories
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 01:03:59 PM »
I have been living and working in the UK for the last 20 months.  My application is about to go in for a renewel.  I fould the process pretty easy, although I must admit that my employer who brought me over here did much of the paperwork.  The most annoying bit is being w/o your passport for awhile.  Stressful.  What type of work permit are you going for?
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

• Liked: 5
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 10:07:22 PM »
I applied for two jobs when I lived in the US.  I flew over for the interviews and received job offers for both (with work permit for both).  It was the only two jobs I have applied for and interviewed for.  I was lucky.  And very qualified (over qualified).

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 01:42:29 AM »
A work permit to work in a salon. As I said my application goes in tomorrow(hopefully!!!)and Ive asked my solicitor what my chances are and shes given me mixed messages but I suppose she cant guaruntee anything.

The good thing is no one responded to the advertisement Toni & Guy had to put in, so no one could do my position, I just worry about my previous experience which is three years in the salon.

I just wish I knew what my chances are. :(

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 08:21:23 AM »
It's tough to wait.  I had a pretty much guaranteed work permit situation as I work for the American School in London as a school psychologist type.  I'm well qualified in several ways (education and work).  Best of luck to you!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 12:07:51 AM »
Thank you onetiger! Its not so much the employers part Im worried about, its just the Home Office, Im afraid they wont approve...I mean Im only 21, I hope thats not a hinderance of any sort.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab