Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: immigration help  (Read 518 times)

• Liked: 0
immigration help
« on: May 10, 2005, 02:10:41 AM »
Hi,
I have a mate in college, he is bangladeshi, age 20, he is studying a levels in 2nd year.
He came to uk as a visitor with 6 months visa time, in february 1999.

But then he stayed after that 6 months, and started going to school and he got very good grades in gcse etc and now studying in college and hoping to go to uni this summer.

But the problem, he is staying in this country invalidly, i.e. his visa time ran out almost 5 years ago.

Now he wants to carry on studying i.e. go to uni after he finishes his a levels this summer.

Now he wants to know what options are avilable to him to stay legally in uk.

P.S. I would be appreciated if you could let me know as soon as possible, I am looking forward to hearing from anyone soon.

Kind Regards
Rahil Ahmed

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
Re: immigration help
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 07:05:25 AM »
Hello Rahil,

Since this website is specifically aimed at Americans coming over the the UK to settle, you may not get the answers you need here.  My advice would be for your mate to check out the IND website, and/or contact an immigration lawyer as soon as possible.  His case is clearly not straightforward, and as he has grossly overstayed his visa, he will need professional assistance if he wants to have any chance of being able to stay in this country at all. 

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab