Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: DYSON: Can I sing its praises?  (Read 5543 times)

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
Re: DYSON: Can I sing its praises?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2005, 08:01:15 PM »
You mean there's a way to use the hose attatchment without knocking everything off the shelf behind you or poking yourself in the eye? ;)

Mindy -- if you poke yourself in the eye with the Dyson hose -- it'll suck that eyeball right out of yer head. [smiley=pirate.gif]
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2005, 08:03:41 PM »
Mindy -- if you poke yourself in the eye with the Dyson hose -- it'll suck that eyeball right out of yer head. [smiley=pirate.gif]

No, I'm safe actually because there's a 2P piece permanently lodged in my Dyson hose.  It'd just suck it halfway out.   :o

• Banned

• Big black panther stalking through the jungle!
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2005, 12:58:53 PM »
If only the things weren't so darned ugly........   :-\\\\

By the way, has anybody seen the Dyson washing machines?   They had some in a couple of months ago at the electrical wholesaler I use, and I wasn't at all impressed.  For example, the extra plastic door cover was so flimsy I could see it lasting about five minutes in the average family kitchen. 

It's also vastly overpriced (nearly £900 trade) when you consider that you can get a good heavy-duty Whirlpool or Admiral top-loader for about half that.    I saw the managerr just recently and he said they sold precisely TWO machines and decided not to stock it any more. 

From
Bar
To car
To
Gates ajar
Burma Shave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dreaming of one who truly is La plus belle pour aller danser.

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2005, 03:52:05 PM »
Yeah, there are not many kitchen colour schemes that the Dyson washer would fit in with!

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2005, 07:47:44 PM »
OK. I'm ready to buy a Dyson. My old Hoover just gave up the ghost today. Right in the middle of cleaning, it decided to conk out. It is no more. It is an ex-Hoover.

So ... since I have the BF arriving tomorrow evening, I'm kind of desperate to get a new vacuum cleaner of some sort tomorrow morning and finish up. I only have one important question -- I've heard a lot of you say that Dysons are heavy and awkward. Are they impossible to lug upstairs, or is that not a problem?
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2005, 07:59:33 PM »
  Are they impossible to lug upstairs, or is that not a problem?

No, not impossible. :)  Also, you might check out the different Dyson models on offer wherever you go -- to see if one feels less heavy/awkward than another, etc.

• Snaps
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2005, 08:00:48 PM »
No, not impossible. :)  Also, you might check out the different Dyson models on offer wherever you go -- to see if one feels less heavy/awkward than another, etc.

Thanks! Will do!  :)

• Me and my Brit
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2005, 08:15:32 PM »
HOLY CHRISTMAS!!!  They are EXPENSIVE!!!  I just looked on eBay and there is one for sale that is going for over $405 with three days left to the auction!  I imagine they go for much more than that in the stores.

But - I will have to leave my beloved Kenmore tank vac behind when I move so I will definitely buy a Dyson after all these rave reviews. 

~Liza
"Be not the slave of your own past - plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with a new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2005, 08:17:59 PM »
Not impossible to lug up the stairs, but I do usually get the husband to do it.  That thing is heavy!

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2005, 08:39:21 PM »
Try the DC03?

My MIL wanted one after she saw how cool mine is, but she is old and frail-ish and i was worried it would be too heavy for her.  We ended up buying her the DC03, as it weighs only 6.8kg.  She gets on fine with it.

• Snaps
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2005, 11:48:33 PM »
Not impossible to lug up the stairs, but I do usually get the husband to do it.  That thing is heavy!

I have no husband.  :( :\\\'(

Try the DC03?

My MIL wanted one after she saw how cool mine is, but she is old and frail-ish and i was worried it would be too heavy for her.  We ended up buying her the DC03, as it weighs only 6.8kg. She gets on fine with it.

I'm going to need one of the Animal ones as my cat constantly sheds white fur all over everything. Does the DC03 come in an Animal version? I know the 07 does.

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2005, 05:49:55 AM »
No.. the DC03 does not come in the Animal version.
However, i have the DC07 Animal, and i can get it up the stair without too much extra effort.  It is heavy, but it's not impossible.  If you cant lift it, you can always drag it along behind you as you go up!

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2005, 05:54:50 AM »
Or just buy one for upstairs and one for downstairs. Umm that's after you win the lotto of course. ;)

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2005, 08:53:21 AM »
Or just buy one for upstairs and one for downstairs. Umm that's after you win the lotto of course. ;)

Well if you're going to do that -- might as well get one of those built-in vacuum systems that some folks have...where the central vacuum is somehow built into the house (I guess like central heating/AC?) -- and each room has its own little closet with a hose & brush part.  To be honest -- I'm not sure how these things are configured -- I've only heard about them.  A friend here in the UK who is, 'erm, rather 'posh' (seriously) said something to me one day about *EVERYONE* in the USA having those central vacuum systems....ROFLMAO!!!  (And I did nearly laugh my a*se off...my mom & gran's old houses didn't even have central heating/AC.)

• Snaps
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2005, 09:10:03 AM »
Well if you're going to do that -- might as well get one of those built-in vacuum systems that some folks have...where the central vacuum is somehow built into the house (I guess like central heating/AC?) -- and each room has its own little closet with a hose & brush part.  To be honest -- I'm not sure how these things are configured -- I've only heard about them.  A friend here in the UK who is, 'erm, rather 'posh' (seriously) said something to me one day about *EVERYONE* in the USA having those central vacuum systems....ROFLMAO!!!  (And I did nearly laugh my a*se off...my mom & gran's old houses didn't even have central heating/AC.)

My mom had that! I loved it!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab