Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: DYSON: Can I sing its praises?  (Read 5546 times)

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
Re: DYSON: Can I sing its praises?
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2005, 09:36:31 AM »
My mom had that! I loved it!

So what's the deal with it?  How is it set up & how does it work?  I think you should definitely get that - I would if I had the ££££.  Then after you get it -- have us all over for a vacuuming enlightenment weekend so we can all see it & try it out. :)
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2005, 10:29:27 AM »
So what's the deal with it?  How is it set up & how does it work?  I think you should definitely get that - I would if I had the ££££.  Then after you get it -- have us all over for a vacuuming enlightenment weekend so we can all see it & try it out. :)

I don't know how it was set up because it was already in the house when she bought it. And, honestly, it seems so long ago that I can't remember how it worked (I never vacuumed her house). It just seemed really nice not to have to lug around a vacuum cleaner! Since I'm renting my little house, I don't think I'm going to have it installed here. Sorry, Carolyn!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2005, 12:49:29 PM »
My mom & dad have it.... there is a big tank & motor in the garage.  From inside the house you flip a switch to switch it on (the suction / vacuum motor), and there are 'holes', kind of like electrical sockets, where you plug the hose & cleaner head in.... you just walk round the house with the hose/head,  and plug it in wherever you intend to clean. 
I'm only guessing how it works, TBH, cos although i know they have it, and ive seen the tank/dirt collector, ive never actually seen it in use.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2005, 06:14:13 PM »
I HAVE A NEW DYSON!!!!

Here's the funny thing. I left the old non-working Hoover in the middle of the living floor in disgust yesterday afternoon. This morning, as I was about to head out to buy my Dyson, all of a sudden I heard a big VROOOOOOOOOOM! It was the old Hoover coming to life! I must have left the on/off button on yesterday! It was like it was saying, "Don't get rid of me! I'll work! See? I'm working! Look at me! Don't get rid of me!" I sneered in its direction, "Too little, too late, babe," and walked out.

So ... the Dyson. I wanted an Animal one, so I ended up with the 14, which was definitely more than I wanted to spend, but what can you do. It's amazing! It picks up SO much cat hair! I can't believe my house was that filthy before -- kind of embarrassing! But I had a little problem with the assembly. The purple end of the hose bit that's supposed to slide in and click? It totally wouldn't click in place. I tried for nearly an hour and even had the Dyson help line on the phone, but they were useless. Anyone else had this problem? I sort of jammed it in there for now, but it keeps coming disconnected because it's not clicked in properly. I'll have the BF look at it later and see what he can do.

But aside from that small problem, I'm thrilled with it! It's a bit heavy to lug up and down stairs, but no worse than my old Hoover. The thing I really love is that the cord is so long! I can plug in in one room and do nearly all the downstairs of my house!

Thanks for recommending it to me all of you!  ;D
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2005, 06:48:30 PM »
You won't be sorry!  We purchased our Dyson Animal for about £280 three years ago and it was worth every pence.  After daily use in a nearly all-carpeted flat for 3 years, the motor finally died, but the replacement is working brilliantly and I am happily sucking up Persian cat hairs every evening.  Bliss!

• Living by the sea with the man of my dreams!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2005, 03:45:02 PM »
I'm a Dyson lover now too!  We got ours about six months ago and it's the best I've ever had. :D
Life should NOT be a journey to the
grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

• The Two Crabs
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2005, 12:26:40 AM »
I have the regular yellow Dyson I bought on Amazon.com for only $275!  It's usually listed for $399. But one day, whether it was a mistake or a 5-minute sale, I happened to look at the price and it had dropped dramatically. I bought it on the spot. When I checked back a few minutes after my purchase was complete, the price had gone back up to $399. In any case, Amazon accepted my purchase. We've had it for a year now and LOVE IT. Best vacuum we've ever owned.
------------------------

www.twocrabs.com - A wanderlust American couple living in London and exploring the world...one pub at a time!

*Washington, D.C. to London, 22 August 2005.*

Sponsored Links