Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: NYC Consulate and others...  (Read 622 times)

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
  • Liked: 1
NYC Consulate and others...
« on: May 16, 2005, 08:18:43 PM »
Hi everyone,

My English fiancee and I have decided to cancel our American Fiancee Visa and I will be heading to London in August after our wedding to live.

Our wedding date is the 28th of July and I would like to make an appointment for Monday the 1st of August. I heard you could only make an appointment 2 weeks prior to when you would like your appointment? I did a search here and under the Embassy website but I did not find anything {Im sure its here but Im not finding it.}

I would love to be able to make my appointment now because my fiancee wants to book his round-trip flight here, I want to book my one way flight on the same flight he is taking back to London. Then, we are heading straight on our honeymoon and want to book our flight and accomodation for that soon.

What if we do not get our appointment and get delayed here? Then that throws off all the flights, etc.

Also, my fiancee currently lives and works in Cheltenham. He will be leaving his job before he comes here to get married {he is under a contract.} Therefore, he will not have a job when we return because we will be moving to London. He will be bringing a reference from his current job in Cheltenham plus his CV--- will this suffice?

Since we also will not have a flat when we arrive, his parents will be writing that we will be staying with them until we find a flat in London. Will this suffice as well since we will not have a current lease letter?

Advice, please!!!!!!!!! Thank you 

{PS---- I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo happy we are not staying here and are returning to England!}
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
Re: NYC Consulate and others...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 11:19:02 PM »

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 04:43:58 PM »
Thanks, Ive already seen that link. It doesnt answer my question tho of how far in advance I can make the appointment. I guess Ill just try to make the appointment for the Monday after our wedding {Mon, Aug 1} and see what they say.

Does anyone have any advice regarding my other questions please?

Thank you so much!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 04:53:27 PM »
I believe you can only make an appointment two weeks out. When you bring up the calendar, it should show you which days are available and which days haven't been opened up for appointments.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 05:06:23 PM »
You can only book 2 weeks in advance!  I stalked that page like crazy too!  Don't worry, you will get a place for the day you want.  There are always tons of people there so there will be space. I even went and changed my day to an earlier date a week later and it was fine.

You might need a letter from your in-laws plus their mortgage and bank statements, but I am not sure about this.  I think as long as your fiancee has the proof that he was working till a certain date and will be looking when he gets back you should be fine.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 05:16:51 PM »
Thanks Tanis! Yes, we saw the calander too and appointments for August are not available yet.

Im just concerned with our flights because my fiancee wants to book a round trip one now. I want to book a one-way flight back with him. And then we are going straight on our honeymoon and want to book the flights and accomodation for that... Just nervous that if we dont get the appointment that day----- we'll lose so much money rearranging flights and all that. And we have to do that stuff basically now to confirm good prices.

Thansk again  :-*

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 05:17:55 PM »
Thats, my NY woman  :-*