Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The waiting is killing me!  (Read 2058 times)

• Liked: 0
The waiting is killing me!
« on: May 19, 2005, 06:09:17 PM »
I can not believe how hard this has become.. I feel like I am go crazy sometimes! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Ok I feel better now!

Re: The waiting is killing me!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 07:14:34 PM »
I have to ask . . . what type of wait is killing you specifically?

For me, I've been dating someone from England (I live in Richmond, VA) and can confidently state the distance has in no way, shape or form become easier the longer we've been together . . . at this moment I dont' know how I'm going to emotionally survive until I see him again . . .

The worst part is I always feel like I take out my frustration on him  :\\\'(

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 07:36:13 PM »
I feel 100% like you do..

I am so very much in love & It actually hurt to be w/ out her.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 07:38:57 PM »
I am in Chicago .. She is in Liverpool ... we are getting all the paper work together... Nothing seems to happen quickly or easily... We both love each other very much... Tis seems to get harder everyday.. I cant sleep, dont do well at my job, Just cant concentrate...

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 12:31:09 AM »
Not to be a downer, but if you can do anything to get rid of the distance, do it.  My boyfriend (UK) and I (US) just split up after 3+ years because we couldn't take the distance anymore.  It's made both of us clinically depressed at different times.  It's so hard because we both still love each other, want to be together but can't right now.  Best of luck to everyone else. 

• my name is jonas
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 01:01:39 AM »
I'm in a similar boat.  I've got at least 2 months before i join DH.

I'm in Mississippi and he's in Manchester
had a bit of a wobble.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 04:06:46 PM »
It is really hard.  But since you getting all the paper work together, that leads me to belive that one of the two of you are planning on moving.  That step alone is something tremendous to look forward to. 

My husband and I used to take photographs of ordinary day to day things, or take video clips of ourselves sending special messages to each other.  That helped us feel like we were more a part of each others daily life.

I'm in England now, and I can't imagine being away from him again.  The longest we went without seeing each other was six months.  It was horrible.  I totally know what you're saying when you can't concentrate, can't put yourself into work, etc.  It really sucks sometimes.

There are a lot of people here to help you along!  Good luck to you both!

• PA - DC - Leeds, UK - Dallas, Tx
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 04:19:07 PM »
I agree...time doesn't make it easier. Although everyone around you likes to think you're used to it. I'm NOT. I want to be with him and even though a few weeks to them is no big deal, I get so mad when they are insensitive about it. That's when I turn here.

I have 6 days til I am reunited with my brit bf in manchester (I'm in arlington, va). Then, we'll have 7.5 weeks apart before I move in for the year. We have vowed that we're not going to be apart again. Could happen though b/c of our circumstance (i'm getting my masters then coming back to my job here).

The only time it's easier for me is the closer it gets to the days before the visits. I have been so close to depression in btwn some visits. I don't know how others go 6mts. The longest we've gone is 6 weeks.

Good luck.
Sometimes I feel like an alien in my own country

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 04:43:45 PM »
I feel your pain!  I have been living in England for almost a straight solid year (Before that I was here for about 7 months on and off)  I was lucky enough that I never went longer then six weeks without seeing Rich.  But after 9 months of that I was getting sick of it and we decided I would move here for a test run.  The test worked out and we got engaged then married soon after.

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005, 05:42:54 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies..

I am getting my paperwork together for my fiancee visa.. I know it will only be a few more months.. I guess I am just being impatient..   When they say "love hurts" they werent kidding..!

• Me and my Brit
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2005, 07:00:35 PM »
I'm only doing ok right now because Simon will be here next Friday.  I'm so excited I can't stand it actually.  But I'm really worried about when he leaves, how will I deal with the distance.  The plan is that he will come back in August then again for the Christmas holidays, but the August trip may not happen.  That will be seven months without him.  But I keep having to remind myself that it was 7+ months before we saw each other for the first time and we survived that - though I counted every single day.

It's so hard - but I know it will be so worth it in the long run.  Hang in there!!

~Liza
"Be not the slave of your own past - plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with a new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2005, 07:12:07 PM »
I soo know what you mean!!!    The last few days have been very hard and I am only into my 4th week apart, of a 6month stretch... 5 more months to go :D

The longest we have ever been apart was for 8months... 8 VERY long and VERY hard months.   But after having him here with me for 4 months, the last 4 weeks have been harder then the 8 month separation.   
  If it's truly love it just gets worse not easier being apart.

I keep reminding myself that this is the LAST TIME we will EVER have to do this, once we are back together it will be for good... Ahhh, ain't love Grand  ;D
Only Time will tell.. it's just too bad she's a closed mouth B**!!!

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2005, 10:56:02 PM »
I keep reminding myself that this is the LAST TIME we will EVER have to do this, once we are back together it will be for good... Ahhh, ain't love Grand  ;D

Yes... that DOES help a bit. :)  I remember our last good byes at the airport and saying to each other, this is the LAST TIME we have to do this.  Although it was hard to see him go, it was nice to know that the end of "being apart" was near.

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2005, 09:06:01 PM »
The waiting has to be the hardest part....and it doesn't get any easier...it seems to get harder....my heart hurts when my boyfriend and I are apart...I have 2 and a half more months till he comes back to see me...it feels like forever...and I hate being away from him and he feels the same way.....my friends don't understand what I am going thru....and sometimes I question myself why do I go thru with it...and then I only have to think of him and I know why...because I love him and he loves me ...and really that is all that matters.....you will be with your partner soon and this experience teaches you not to take your time with that person for granted....

• Me and my Brit
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 01:00:31 AM »
Simon's visit was fantastic.  We visited with friends and family, and ate our way across Southeastern Michigan.  Then I had to leave him at the airport.  It was horrible, just horrible, and I felt like I was ripping out my heart and leaving it at the Northwest terminal. 

We are making plans for him to come back in September - not soon enough, but it's all we can do and not loose our jobs.  :)  Planning the wedding helps too, it brings us closer together and gives us very good conversation (as if we ever needed any help in that department! HAHA!). 

So - maybe three more goodbyes at the airport for us and hopefully then I'll be moved to England sometime next Summer.  It seems a lifetime away.  And yet, when I think about having to leave family and friends and my home, it seems all too soon. 

Oh - what we put ourselves through for love! 

~Liza
"Be not the slave of your own past - plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with a new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab