Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Clerkenwell  (Read 1162 times)

• The Two Crabs
  • Liked: 0
Clerkenwell
« on: May 19, 2005, 07:26:22 PM »
Hi everyone. My wife and I are going to London next weekend to look for a flat rental.  Clerkenwell is now on our "short-list" because it's convenience to both of our offices. Anybody live there or know the neighborhood who could give some tips and advice? Is it a safe neighborhood? Are there things to do at night (bars, restaurants, cinemas), or does the place die at 5pm?  (We're both night owls).  Anyone know the best letting agents in that area? Thanks!
------------------------

www.twocrabs.com - A wanderlust American couple living in London and exploring the world...one pub at a time!

*Washington, D.C. to London, 22 August 2005.*

Re: Clerkenwell
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 08:25:08 PM »
I don't live in the area, but Clerkenwell and Farringdon area have a decent amount clubs, bars and pubs.  If you like Belgian beer, there is a place called Dovetail which I recommend a lot.   

When you are here next weekend looking for a place, pick up a copy of Timeout London or even go online to timeout.com to see what Clerkenwell/Farringdon has in terms of nightlife.

bvamin

Re: Clerkenwell
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 04:24:22 PM »
.... Is it a safe neighborhood? .....
I'd describe Clerkenwell as "post industrial" - lots of older buildngs converted into lofts.  A fashionable place for the urban professional, but still a bit down at heel in parts, reasonably safe, so far as central London goes, but you may not want to be out alone late at night.  Before you sign a lease check that the building has a well illuminated entrance, not in some dingy allway.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab