Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance visa general questions and introduction :p  (Read 688 times)

• Liked: 1
Fiance visa general questions and introduction :p
« on: May 20, 2005, 06:31:01 AM »
Hello all! I've just registered here and am new to everything when it comes to visas and applying for it. I currently live in California and will probably be going through the Los Angeles office. Since some of you on here are either "going through it all" or have done it already and know what it's about, any help or suggestions would be muchly appreciated.

First off, I've been with my partner for two years now - he's a british citizen and he came to visit me here last June/July. I got a big hassle from the entry clearance lady when I went to visit him this past December/ January as I had to explain that I met him on the internet :p I think she must've thought I was some call-girl or mail order bride or sopmething! She was incredibly intimidating, seriously - she basically made me draw a blank, but I got through it as best I could. So, after finding out if we wanted to take our relationship to the next level, where he goes off and tries to find a decent enough place for us to live (as he currently resides with his parents) and I sit here all lonely and wait  :\\\'( , we're gonna go with the fiance visa idea.

He finally found a flat that is great transportation wise for his work, but kinda small (it's temporary for now until the 6 month lease ends) and if the estate agents don't screw him over, he'll be able to move in on June 20th and that's when I want to set my appointment for the visa stuff. I'm going to gather all my info now so that way I won't have to do it later on and try to scurry and look for things.

Now, I'm thinking of calling the Los Angeles branch and trying to get info off of them - yes I've been to the website, but am I just worrying to think that I'd rather call as I don't want to mess anything up. From reading through some posts, it sounds like you have to make an appointment and go and see them, yes? Which, really, I would rather go in person and do everything as I feel it would speed up the process. But what do you do first? Do you fill out the application online first? And do you have to fill out an actual paper application as well? And when you make an appointment, is there a long wait for a date or is it pretty quick? You see, I don't want to wait until the last minute to make an appointment if you have to wait a long time. And if I do start getting paperwork together now and he mails documents to me, which'll take some time to write up and then send, will they say anything if there's  adate postmarked like, from the month before or something? Would they be picky and say they need something more recent? I have prove that we've been in correspondence as he's been writing in little notebooks to me ever since I had to leave, so I have like, 6 of them and letters and e-mails and photos. That doesn't sound like enough so phone bills from his side might be good too as I use phone cards always over here to call him.

Do I need his origianl passport, original birth certificate, two photos from me and him etc? As I know I have to get his bank statements, tenancy stuff, work related papers and all that.

Hmmm, I'm thinking I should just call and find out, see if they even give me any info or just point me to the website as I don't want to feel like I'm bothering you all.

Ah, and hmm, this is confusing to me..... hopefully, if I don't get denied a fiance visa, which I don't see any reason why I would but you never know, I won't be leaving for another month or so afterwards and I know it said somewhere that they can give you up to three months or something like that? But once you get the visa, and once you go to the uk and meet the entry clearance people again, do you need all this paperwork that you had set up for getting the visa in the first place?

I'm incredbly sorry this is so long, and I'm sure some of you are sayng "just go on the website or call, dammit"  ::)  :P but I'm getting nervous now that the time is come to actually get the ball rolling and start the process. I just have this feeling they're going to tell me "sorry, you don't have enough information" or "we won't be able to look at your stuff or we reject you, come back in a month or two or three". Did anyone else feel like this or is it just me ?

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
Re: Fiance visa general questions and introduction :p
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 07:08:14 AM »
First of all---- Welcome!!!! Next, don't worry many of us know exactly what it feels like to feel overwhelmed by the process. It is something that is so important to you and the rest of your life you just want to do everything in your power to make it all go well. Don't worry! It really is a simple as following the information on the website step by step. Yes you do need his passport etc.....you can have certified copies of them (this can be somewhat costly). The only application you fill out is the one online. I applied by post so am not sure about the appointment process but I believe you can set the appointment up in advance of filling out the application. Proof of relationship -- sounds like you have the right things, I also included letters from our families stating that they had met each of us and were aware of relationship.

I hope I helped some--- feel free to pm me with any further questions.

Helena

• finally home
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 10:10:38 PM »
hello and welcome to the site
i'll try my best to help you
i went thru the la consulate when i applied for my fiance visa
things you'll need
both passports and birth certificates
letters between you both
proof you have met i.e pics travel reciets (plane tickets etc..)
bank statements
letters from employer(s) that you are both employed
wedding plans i.e wedding date and location etc...
thats all i can remember for now i'm sure i'm missing something but best policy is to bring more than they want with you if you're going in person
from website

Supporting Documents
Your passport (note: It should be the original document and have ample validity).

One passport size photograph (Click here for example).

Evidence of your Immigration Status in the USA and permission to re-enter the USA after your trip. Please submit  original documents. Examples include:-
Pemanent Resident Card
Valid US visa (e.g, H1B, F1)
Advance Parole Document
Employment Authorisation Card (does not permit re-entry to US)
Valid DS 2019 (Formerly IAP66)
Valid I-20 (must be signed on the reverse by designated school official)
Valid I-94

4. Confirmed Flight Reservation (You may reserve flights but do not purchase the ticket before the Visa is issued).

5. Employment Letter / Confirmation of Employment

For Vacation: to include length of service and vacation dates.
For Business: giving full details of proposed business visit and stating employer will be financially responsible.
Self-employed: letter of incorporation/business registration document or 1040 tax return.

6. Evidence of funds: e.g, Recent bank statement (within last 30 days), travellers cheques. (Credit card statements are not acceptable).

7. If you are visiting family or friends you will need:

a letter from your sponsor (the person you are visiting) explaining your relationship with them and the purpose of your visit.
If your sponsor will be supporting you during your visit, or paying for the cost of the visit, you will need:

payslips, bank statements, or some other evidence to show that they have enough money to support you
Please provide original documents and copies of all requested documents in support of your application. Please also provide a daytime telephone number.   

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/other_show.asp?SarticleType=25&Other_ID=315

fees link
http://www.britainusa.com/visas/other_show.asp?SarticleType=25&Other_ID=346

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 03:51:41 AM »
Hey tet! Its Candyce, best of luck to you both! Ill try to keep this bumped for you! Like everyone says, it may seem overwhelming but its simple once youve got all the documents in order, mwa!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab