Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Co-Sponsorship/Temporary Accomodation/The best postal system???  (Read 471 times)

• Liked: 0
So, having just realized (DOH!) that we need notarized copies or originals (not regular copies) of our co-sponsor's financial info and our temporary living accomodations till we find a flat........

Should we just scrap the idea of using my husband's mum (in the UK) for financial support and temporary residence, and instead use my mom (in the US) for financial support (she's already been thru the co-sponsor process from when we got my husband a US visa) and just book a hotel to show temporary residence?

Or, does anyone know a very fast and reliable way of getting documents from the UK to the US?

• Liked: 8
Re: Co-Sponsorship/Temporary Accomodation/The best postal system???
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 09:29:50 AM »
I think it's probably best to have a cosponsor who resides in the UK.  It couldn't hurt to add your mother as a cosponsor as well, though.

We had a horrible experience getting DH's paperwork to the US -- he asked for FEDEX service and filled out FEDEX paperwork, etc....yet somehow FEDEX didn't deliver the package and we had to hunt it down via LaGuardia aiport (two days before the wedding, mind you!).  The problem with international post is that the UK gives up responsibility for the package once it reaches the US -- then the USPS takes control of it, rendering any tracking info/number you had obsolete.   ::)  The best option is just regular old Royal Mail (perhaps with recorded delivery, if that's available?).

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Re: Co-Sponsorship/Temporary Accomodation/The best postal system???
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 09:31:21 AM »
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links