Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: transferring money from US account to UK account  (Read 814 times)

• Liked: 0
transferring money from US account to UK account
« on: May 30, 2005, 06:39:01 PM »
Hi...I finally got my offshore TSB account to get me by until I move to England.  Problem is I can't find a way to send money to my LLOYDS TSB account from my bank since the sort codes are different.   My UK sort code is 6 number and the US is asking for 9 numbers.  I thought I could send it through paypal but paypal doesn't have UK accounts!!!  Now I'm really frustrated.  I could wire money at $4.95 a pop but don't want to do that every 2 weeks!   Any ideas?
Portland, OR>Birmingham England 2005 and still trying to find my way :)

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
Re: transferring money from US account to UK account
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 07:15:38 PM »
PayPal does have UK acccounts. You need 2 valid email addresses to set it up. One attached to your US account, one to your UK account.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/ (to set up your UK account)
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Got my UK DL! Wife says Lord help us ...
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 06:45:03 AM »
And then there's the little problem of having to take an absolute WHIPPING from the poor exchange rate. ($ to £) I still maintain a U.S. Money Market account for backup/emergencies. I mean, well, ya never know.
At the SONIC: Large Cherry Limeade please ...

• Hi there.
    • Trophy Pet Foods
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 11:53:48 PM »
I just have one credit card left to pay off. What's the best way to send the money from the UK?? Paypal?? Do I have to find out if the credit card co takes paypal??? How much are transfers then??
"I bought some batteries, but they weren't included."-Steven Wright

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab