Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ladies in London...looking for a new sport?  (Read 861 times)

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
  • Liked: 1
Ladies in London...looking for a new sport?
« on: May 31, 2005, 02:04:50 PM »
Every Tuesday night at 7pm in the summer, the Hampstead Cricket club supports a group of women learning to play cricket.  Women of all ages and abilities are encouraged to come and play.  This is in its second year of running.  Men from the 1st Team have volunteered their time to help teach those of us who have never played, played for only a bit of time as well as those who are quite talented.  At this time, the Ladies Cricket is very social...we practice for about 1 to 1-1/2 hours and then retire to the clubhouse for a drink & (if you want) dinner.  The 'dues' are £2 per practice.  Dinner is £5 (usually a veggie chili or something like it).  We may try to play a game or two at the end of the season.  It's a fun way of keeping fit and great way to get to know a lot of fun British women.    If you are interested, please let me know!

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
Re: Ladies in London...looking for a new sport?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 02:22:41 PM »
Oh I SO wish I could do this. I'm a huge baseball fan and played recreational softball for several years just before moving here. I miss it TERRIBLY and I'd love to learn cricket while here.

If I ever happen to be in London during the week, I might have to stop by!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 03:25:16 PM »
i am so tempted by this but my week is getting freaking fuller by the min.

i have softball tongiht (work) but would love to give this a try maybe.........

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 03:36:18 PM »
Just IM me when you are free!

Sponsored Links