Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Candian Affair  (Read 618 times)

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
Candian Affair
« on: June 01, 2005, 01:01:29 PM »
Anyone flown with Canadian Affair to Toronto...we are flying in June/July and i think the airline is Thomas cook....
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

• Liked: 2
Re: Candian Affair
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 02:55:40 PM »
Erm, I thought Thomas Cook was a travel agent type business?

• Well House Consultants - PHP Courses
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 03:43:37 PM »
Thomas Cook have expanded and they run charter flights as well as the travel agency now - I found a review by doinga quick Google.  The words "typical charter airline" seem to be about right, and bear in mind that some people will complain about anything  ;).

Toronto is a beautiful city - I may get sniped at for saying it'm my favourite city in North America when I'm here amongst so may friends from the USA but - sorry - I've yet to find anything much nicer.  Oh - I like Vancouver (oops) and some other places further South too.    Seriously - enjoy Toronto - a great choice.
-- Graham
Well House Consultants - Open Source training
Well House Manor - Hotel in Melksham, Wiltshire

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 03:58:47 PM »
Hmmm I've never heard of it personally but I too love Toronto :)   In fact I am flying out of there when I move in October, on Zoom airlines.. great service and a permium seat (first or business class) is the same price as coach on Air Canada and BA.
Only Time will tell.. it's just too bad she's a closed mouth B**!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 01:21:01 PM »
Thanks guys for the replies...I'm actually flying into Toronto because it is a lot cheaper than flying into Detroit late June/early July...we are leaving Toronto as soon as we land to stay in niagara falls for a few days and then driving down through Detroit....

we have always flown Northwest or BA and this company was so cheap so we are going a different route....!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 02:57:25 PM »
Dunno about Canadian Affair - some relatives just flew Transat (another Canadian charter) and they thought it was great.

We flew to Toronto to go to a friend's wedding in upstate NY - it was cheaper and less driving than flying to NYC.

Anyway, the point of my post is a *top tip* - stay in Niagara on the Lake instead of Niagara Falls. It's a beautiful town and very worth while a visit.  Niagara Falls is also definitely worth a trip, but not worth staying over in - in my humble opinion!!

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 11:00:10 AM »
We might visit Niagara on the lake....is it in US or Canada? 

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 11:10:40 AM »
It's in Canada, but v. close to the border.

We had fun at the border crossing - after stopping at the booth and saying 'Good Morning' to the officer - I then mistakenly thought the guy was waving me through and drove on - it turned out he was waving to someone else - he got REALLY upset and confiscated my passport (I'm a UK citizen) - I honestly thought it was like in Europe where they do random or no checks of passports - my US wife also had her passport confiscated and we were held at the crossing point for 2 hours while they did checks on us - whoops - won't do that again!!

Sponsored Links