Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question on tickets  (Read 740 times)

• Liked: 0
Question on tickets
« on: June 04, 2005, 07:53:09 PM »
OK, stupid question time.... :)

Do you have to fly from your country of origin and do you need a return ticket even though you have a fiancee Visa ?

I was planning on flying out of Toronto as my fiancee will be visting friends there for a week before we/I move and we'd like to fly out together... but I just read something about having to fly in from your country of origin, though I can't confirm it on the "Official" website.
  Also we found great tickets on Zoom Airlines.   One way being MUCH cheaper.

Any advice is appreciated  :D
Only Time will tell.. it's just too bad she's a closed mouth B**!!!

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
Re: Question on tickets
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 08:35:05 PM »
You do not need a return ticket. Your fiance visa means that you have been given permission to settle in the UK.  However,  it might be cheaper for you to purchase a return ticket, rather than a one-way, anyway.  You won't have to show it to the immigration officer at the airport, though.

• Tanya's Place
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 09:26:02 PM »
I went through this too.
I called several travel agents and got a great price on a one way.

Once you book with an airline be absolutely certain you call that airline so they put a note on your file that you do not need a return ticket.
I was on Delta and got different answers from different people that I called until I got snippy and was transfered to some Canadian office that dealt with international flight issues. They knew I didn't need a return ticket and noted it on my files once I explained the different answers I got.

Last thing I wanted was to be at the airport at 6am with no home to return to and denied a boarding pass for lack of a return ticket.

Thanks to using a travel agency I knew to make that call and saved about $200 as well.

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 03:25:27 AM »
 I found that on Zoom airlines you can get a one-way ticket for half the price of round trip.. just like it should be...lol

Now my only concern is can I actually leave from Toronto instead of from inside the US.....
Only Time will tell.. it's just too bad she's a closed mouth B**!!!

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 12:55:16 PM »
I found that on Zoom airlines you can get a one-way ticket for half the price of round trip.. just like it should be...lol

Now my only concern is can I actually leave from Toronto instead of from inside the US.....

Yes, you can leave from Toronto. 
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab